Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Hundreds of El Al passengers spent 7 hours on tarmac in U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hundreds of El Al passengers spent 7 hours on tarmac in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by ebzed
First, Dont believe on everything you read on newspaper,
According to EL-AL it was 5 hours and not 7...
According to the Airpoirt, They took off on 18:14,
which even makes it less than 5 hours...

(Only drinks and snacks were offered as they probably didnt used the Auxliery Engine (sorry if that's not the name) due to the fuel leak, same all the other amenities that might require the same)

So please make me a favor and stick to your note, Dont Fly EL-AL...
I am sure they will survive without you.
So you're saying a 5 hour delay is ok? Since it was "only" 5 hours we shouldn't be talking about it?

And again, I have to ask, do you take it personally when someone criticizes "your" airline? I don't get this mentality. You don't own El Al, right? Why do you care so much if I think El Al is bollucks?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, FB PL, LY PL, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, PC Royal Ambassador, BW Platinum
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
So you're saying a 5 hour delay is ok? Since it was "only" 5 hours we shouldn't be talking about it?

And again, I have to ask, do you take it personally when someone criticizes "your" airline? I don't get this mentality. You don't own El Al, right? Why do you care so much if I think El Al is bollucks?
If you would think BA, UA and others are bullocks with all the other post you can find on FT then i have no issue with it, But someone bored decide to stick to EL-AL - I would say there is a different smell here.

And 5 hours sounds ok comparing to other flights i have with many others.
(And I am against any delay).
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
If you would think BA, UA and others are bullocks with all the other post you can find on FT then i have no issue with it, But someone bored decide to stick to EL-AL - I would say there is a different smell here.
You should do a search. Look at my rantings on JetBlue and United, in particular.

By the way, what "smell" is that?

I
And 5 hours sounds ok comparing to other flights i have with many others.
(And I am against any delay).
5 hours is not ok under any circumstances. Full stop.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ELAL
I'll re-quote the rule:
Airlines that let a plane sit on the tarmac for more than two hours without giving passengers food or water, or more than three hours without offering them the option of getting off, will face fines of $27,500 a passenger
The rule was published in the Federal Registry on December 21, 2009, and does not go into effect util 120 days after that date.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by TWA884
The rule was published in the Federal Registry on December 21, 2009, and does not go into effect util 120 days after that date.
Welcome to FT!
Great to have you here
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Todah.

I just looked it up again. While the rule was announced on Dec 21, it was not published in the Federal Register until today, Dec 30, 2009.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.