Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet Flight Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
Has anyone got emails renewing their Flight Club status, having only travelled twice in the last couple of years?
I got an update email in the end of March telling me how to use my flight club benefits from 1st April ( not sure if this is a renewal )

I've only flown easyjet twice since April 2020

But did 20 odd sectors in the few months before that
Old May 18, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Can people advise when their invite to flight club came (i.e. how quickly after 20 flights or the appropriate spend)? Coming up to the 20 flights and ideally the invite would be immediate to let me move a flight I have a week later.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Originally Posted by kingofbeans
Can people advise when their invite to flight club came (i.e. how quickly after 20 flights or the appropriate spend)? Coming up to the 20 flights and ideally the invite would be immediate to let me move a flight I have a week later.
Not sure if this is right but the flight club line just told me that the flight club invites are issued once a year at the end of the calendar year. So e.g. my 20 flight sectors in the last 5 months won’t provide any benefits until the start of next year. Is this right? Does everyone get invited to join flight club at the same time?

edit: I see from posts above emails being issued in April. So it seems like the flight club year for all is 1 April - 31 March. No idea if the 20 flights or spend for eligibility is measured over the prior calendar year or from 1 April - 31 March. They really don’t make this easy…!
Tobias-UK likes this.

Last edited by kingofbeans; May 21, 2022 at 6:54 am
Old May 21, 2022, 8:05 am

My emails from them were entitled as follows
Qualify Feb 2018
Renew May 2018
Qualify Oct 2018
Qualify May 2019
Qualify July 2020
Reminder about benefits April 2021

That probably doesn't help 😂
kingofbeans likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:56 pm

It's become necessary to change my email address. I've changed it on my profile on easyJet.com
How might this effect my requalification for Flight Club ? Or doesn't it matter ?
EDIT TO ADD: live chat advised me to complete a data protection form and select the subject correction of email address. I duly did this and they have updated my reservations. Both future and historical. However they couldn't / wouldn't update those made via the call centre.

Let's see whether they invite me to continue my membership next Summer

Last edited by lfc84; Jun 15, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:36 am

Not sure if this is right but the flight club line just told me that the flight club invites are issued once a year at the end of the calendar year. So e.g. my 20 flight sectors in the last 5 months won’t provide any benefits until the start of next year. Is this right? Does everyone get invited to join flight club at the same time?

edit: I see from posts above emails being issued in April. So it seems like the flight club year for all is 1 April - 31 March. No idea if the 20 flights or spend for eligibility is measured over the prior calendar year or from 1 April - 31 March. They really don’t make this easy…!
An update to my own question. lfc84's post suggested invites sent at different months, so what I was told looked to be incorrect. I emailed EasyJet on 21 May to ask if what I was told was correct. I got a response on 1 June to say:

'
Flight Club invitations are sent much more frequently than at the end of every calender year.
We check eligibility is check based on the current month you you are enquiring until the next year in the same month, its not based on a calender year as in January - December. '

They also told me that I had done 18 flights since Jan (but it would have been 19 including December). When I replied on June 12 I was already over the 20 flights, and in fact was 2 days off being 22 flights. Since then no response from EasyJet despite follow up emails. If invites were sent even consistently each month, I would have received by now.

Bit miffed, as I've already lost a flight I couldn't make which I might have rescheduled if EasyJet had issued the invite in a reasonable time!

Will report when I do eventually get the invite, but the lack of clarity and slowness here isn't going to win them any loyalty with business travellers!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:07 am

An update to my own question. lfc84's post suggested invites sent at different months, so what I was told looked to be incorrect. I emailed EasyJet on 21 May to ask if what I was told was correct. I got a response on 1 June to say:

'
Flight Club invitations are sent much more frequently than at the end of every calender year.
We check eligibility is check based on the current month you you are enquiring until the next year in the same month, its not based on a calender year as in January - December. '

They also told me that I had done 18 flights since Jan (but it would have been 19 including December). When I replied on June 12 I was already over the 20 flights, and in fact was 2 days off being 22 flights. Since then no response from EasyJet despite follow up emails. If invites were sent even consistently each month, I would have received by now.

Bit miffed, as I've already lost a flight I couldn't make which I might have rescheduled if EasyJet had issued the invite in a reasonable time!

Will report when I do eventually get the invite, but the lack of clarity and slowness here isn't going to win them any loyalty with business travellers!
Well, after multiple emails and calls to find out what’s happening, I got a reply today and it’s baffling:

‘Thank you for contacting easyJet.
I do apologise for the delay in response regarding your query. I understand that you would like to become a flight club member.

I can confirm that we are currently not accepting new flight club member due to the covid 19 travel restrictions and the impact it has on the operation of our flights.

Please be advised that there is no date yet on when we will accept new flight club member.

I trust the above information finds you well.’

The covid excuse is disgusting. The lack of any mention of this on their website or by any of their staff previously awful. I started to use EasyJet heavily because the flight club change benefit would be useful to me, making 24 flights in 7 months.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.