Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

EU261 - TLS to PMI (via LTN runway???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

My dad was meant to fly TLS to PMI yesterday evening, but unfortunately the flight was cancelled. It seems to be related to the LTN runway problems, but do we still have a case for EU261 considering he was not actually going to LTN?

Flightrdar shows the plane that was due to fly him never left PMI, and in fact was still there this morning.

Thanks for any advice, never filed an EU261 before.

Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I’m not sure why you think the cancellation was linked to the temporary closure of the runway at LTN. EZY1727 was cancelled due to a technical issue with the aircraft and thus compensation under EC261 is due.

Has your father made alternative arrangements to get to PMI?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’m not sure why you think the cancellation was linked to the temporary closure of the runway at LTN. EZY1727 was cancelled due to a technical issue with the aircraft and thus compensation under EC261 is due.

Has your father made alternative arrangements to get to PMI?
OK that's good. Can I ask where you find out why a flight was cancelled, I figure I may need that later?

My father won't be going to PMI now, he was due to fly back to TLS today with my kids, and collect my Aunt then go to their house, but all that is not possible. As such I suppose I should request a refund for both the outbound and inbound (scheduled for 29th July) flights?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Yes, a refund of the whole reservation. Unless he wants to rebook both sectors (at no additional cost) for travel in the future.

Here is a screenshot of the cancellation reason:

jnoono and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all your help!
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.