Wiki Posts
Search

overcharged for GPS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
overcharged for GPS

I rented a car 1 way from Naples to Catania a few months back and was told the GPS was included but id have to pay a 1 way charge on 25 euro by the dollar representative in Naples. In catania, used the quick checkout as there were (no lie) about 20 people queuing as 2 flights had just landed from the UK. Once I got home, I saw 89 pounds deducted from my card and on challenging them on this, they said it was 11+ euro a day for the GPS. As I have no document to prove or disprove what was said to me in Catania, is there anything I can do about this? Maybe asking for a refund via my credit card company?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Dont you have a rental agreement where this is specified? If no, you can be happy they charged you only with 89 pounds...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Well, as I booked through a 3rd party, it doesnt say that its included, but the point was that their representative said it was at the desk and they advertise on their Italian website that all GPS devices are included in the rental. I only took it as it was supposed to be free and even had my own GPS with me, but as the maps were a few years old, thought why not.

My advice is please be aware if you rent from Dollar and they say that the GPS is included and make sure you have this documented.

Next time will just pay a little more and use an honest company
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by englisha
Well, as I booked through a 3rd party, it doesnt say that its included, but the point was that their representative said it was at the desk and they advertise on their Italian website that all GPS devices are included in the rental. I only took it as it was supposed to be free and even had my own GPS with me, but as the maps were a few years old, thought why not.

My advice is please be aware if you rent from Dollar and they say that the GPS is included and make sure you have this documented.

Next time will just pay a little more and use an honest company
Well, welcome to Italy! Amanda Knox can tell you a few stories about that country! Next time, visit France!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I don't think flylocal comments are particularly useful and frankly France is no better.

You should enquire with the local office as to what is or is not included. Even check the web site to see if it mentions what you say you were told at the desk.

Write a letter of complaint to Dollar and politely ask them to investigate and respond to you.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
I don't think flylocal comments are particularly useful and frankly France is no better.
Probably my comments have not been particularly useful for the OP. But I have to object in one point: France is definitely better when it comes to the rules of law. There is much more legal security and stability of the law in France than in Italy (IMO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.