Search

Consolidated "Pellegrino World's Best Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin
We often have 2 top end dinners in a row, but I agree that it can sometimes be overmuch. It often depends on the style and how many courses.
If I´m 3 night in a city like London/ New York, I normally have 3 top end dinners in a row. I also had 4 star days (1 for lunch, 3 for dinner). Perhaps one day a 6 star day
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
If I´m 3 night in a city like London/ New York, I normally have 3 top end dinners in a row. I also had 4 star days (1 for lunch, 3 for dinner). Perhaps one day a 6 star day
The 3 stars are usually the ones that get me - on more than one occasion I've been violently sick in the middle of the night after eating a very long meal.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
The 3 stars are usually the ones that get me - on more than one occasion I've been violently sick in the middle of the night after eating a very long meal.
Yeah, such things might happen
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:29 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The Ledbury (#14) and Le Calandre (#39)...and Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia

Just dined a couple weeks ago at #14 The Ledbury (London) and #39 Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy) while in Europe...among many other top Michelin restaurants.

The Ledbury is my consistent fave in London and has been since my first meal there 4 years ago. While the menu wasn't quite to my taste, I still had a fabulous meal. Well worth its ranking.

Le Calandre has dropped a bit in the world rankings...but it was still well worth its ranking to me. Truly a remarkable, world class meal in every way. Dark ambience made it a little different, too. Outstanding in every way.

I also happened to dine at unranked Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadie in Milan (2* Michelin). I'd seen this listed as a restaurant that should be on the top 100 list. I must confess that I loved this restaurant and would agree it easily is worthy of being on the top 100 list. That being said, i don't see its absence as a negative of the list...but I won't at all be surprised to see it on the list in the near future. I said the same of Central in Lima just before it debuted here at #50...and now it's #4! Nadia is truly world class.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:42 pm

I confirmed a reservation to Gaggan in Bangkok for February. #1 in Asia, #23 in world. Oddly enough, there are Japanese restaurants ranked higher on the world list, though. Not sure how they come up with these lists. Must be 2 different parties making them, or else #1 in Asia should be the highest ranked Asian restaurant in the world list.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I confirmed a reservation to Gaggan in Bangkok for February. #1 in Asia, #23 in world. Oddly enough, there are Japanese restaurants ranked higher on the world list, though. Not sure how they come up with these lists. Must be 2 different parties making them, or else #1 in Asia should be the highest ranked Asian restaurant in the world list.
Gaggan has been one of our more memorable meals off this the list. The location is a bit odd and the service was sub par, but the food was awesome. A bit of warning, they had brain on the menu. Ruminant brain is probably the one thing I wont eat and didn't think to tell them. Our server got a little pushy when we wouldn't touch it.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Dgosche
Gaggan has been one of our more memorable meals off this the list. The location is a bit odd and the service was sub par, but the food was awesome. A bit of warning, they had brain on the menu. Ruminant brain is probably the one thing I wont eat and didn't think to tell them. Our server got a little pushy when we wouldn't touch it.
There's a show on Netflix (Chef's Corner?) with an episode on Gaggan. They talked briefly about the goat brain. I think he calls it "Indian foie gras". I'm not sure if I'll eat it yet.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:49 am

Managed all three of Osteria Francescana, Piazza Duomo, and Le Calandre in the past few weeks ... plus others. Am still on holiday, but will report back once things slow down.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:20 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Dined at Le Calandre several weeks ago...and Manresa this past Friday. Both are worthy of the top 100 list...though I expect Manresa to eventually move into the top 40-50 with ease. Manresa was one of the most spectacular meals we've ever enjoyed...as was Le Calandre.

As an aside, I also dined at Il Luogo de Aime e Nadia in Milan 3 days after dinner at Le Calandre...and it is not currently included on the top 100 list (but with 2*). I've heard others mention this as a worthy addition, and I heartily agree. I won't be surprised to see this enter the list in a year or two.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Dgosche
A bit of warning, they had brain on the menu. Ruminant brain is probably the one thing I wont eat and didn't think to tell them.
When any waiter asks for dietary restrictions, I don't think anyone would think to answer: "I don't really eat seafood ... and brains."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.