Best CHEAP chain steakhouse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best CHEAP chain steakhouse?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Never been to Black Angus what does a 8oz Filet run?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Never been to Black Angus what does a 8oz Filet run?

A search at www.blackangus.com found that it's $21.99 at my nearby location.

There's usually a coupon for 2 for $35, including the appetizer plate, salad, 2 filets, and a big chocolate cake.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 10, 2007 at 3:26 pm Reason: Snarky comment/personal attack removed by the senior moderator
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
[Quote of now-deleted material removed by the moderator]

A search at www.blackangus.com found that it's $21.99 at my nearby location.

There's usually a coupon for 2 for $35, including the appetizer plate, salad, 2 filets, and a big chocolate cake.
I guess I could have googled it. Never thought that they would post a menu with prices online. Most of the menu's I have seen online have not included prices. I consider a cheap steak house to be in the 15-20 range. I would call this mid level pricing in the 20-28 range. 29 and above I consider high.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 10, 2007 at 3:27 pm Reason: Removed quote of deleted material
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I like Outback and think their prices are very reasonable.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I opt for Outback
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:39 pm

I know it's not near the OP, but down in Texas a place called Texas Land and Cattle is really good. They have great steaks, good appetizers, and I love their warm rolls.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by number_6
Sizzler has gotten a lot better since it imploded. The few remaining locations might be a good bet. And if the steak isn't good, there is always the salad bar.
Barf-o-rama.

I will take Outback any day.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
As the OP, I will point out that BamaVol Jr #3 contracted food poisoning at the local Outback about a year ago. There's a post here somewhere. It is high on the list of places I will never enter again. I might consider an Outback elsewhere, but cetainly not if I am accompanied by BamaVol Jr #3.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
As the OP, I will point out that BamaVol Jr #3 contracted food poisoning at the local Outback about a year ago. There's a post here somewhere. It is high on the list of places I will never enter again. I might consider an Outback elsewhere, but cetainly not if I am accompanied by BamaVol Jr #3.
Use to defend restaurants on food poisoning cases. If #3 got sick either right a way (with in an hour) of consuming or 12 plus hours later, then it is Outback. Most people actually get food poisoning at home and most food poisoning takes 12 plus hours even upto a few days before you get sick.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Salt Grass Steakhouse is great, although not in many areas (a few just opened up in Colorado).

I've been to Outback a few times, but I've never been too impressed with it.

A great "local" option is The Mint Steakhouse in Silverthorne, CO. All-you-can-eat prime rib for about $30, which really hits the spot after a day of skiing. If you don't want prime rib, you pick out a steak from the meat display and cook it yourself on their grills. In addition, they also have a "Locals Day" special a few days after most of the ski resorts close. Almost any cut of steak is about $8. You have to show up about an hour before they open to guarantee a seat.

The other "slightly upscale" option in Denver is Aurora Summit Steakhouse in Aurora, CO. Wonderful steaks topped with sizzling melted butter for about 1/2 the price of Ruth's Chris.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coplatsat
Use to defend restaurants on food poisoning cases. If #3 got sick either right a way (with in an hour) of consuming or 12 plus hours later, then it is Outback. Most people actually get food poisoning at home and most food poisoning takes 12 plus hours even upto a few days before you get sick.
It took about 16-18 hours to make its presence felt. The ER MDs were pretty certain about the source and called Outback to alert them.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
It took about 16-18 hours to make its presence felt. The ER MDs were pretty certain about the source and called Outback to alert them.
Sounds like Outback. What did #3 eat?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coplatsat
Sounds like Outback. What did #3 eat?
Steak. Knowing him, NY strip. Not meaning to be vague here. He was with his sister, brother-in-law and brother. I wasn't there. Whatever cut it was, he was the only one at the table to order it. Everything else he ate was on someone elses plate as well (salad dressing, appetizer, fries, coke).

I wish I could remember where I posted the original story. I can't find it here or in OMNI. It was late January 2006.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:20 pm

No way you get food poisoning from a steak at Outback. They sear the outside (too much for my taste). It had to be something else.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cme2c
No way you get food poisoning from a steak at Outback. They sear the outside (too much for my taste). It had to be something else.
As I understand it, the steak was barely cooked. Since the wait had been so long and others at the table had theirs, he ate it almost raw.

And don't tell me anything with 100% certainty. You know bacteria can get beyond the surface. The process of elimination points to the steak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.