Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nkedel
I'm sure "Potato Bacon Ranch pizza" is tasty, but NY style it will never be.
That's why I mentioned the regular cheese pie.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Yellow Cab isn't just in the Philippines? Well if they are in the US, I'd deduce branches are in either or both of the two biggest "Sans" in California.
I've eaten Yellow Cab pizza at one of the big malls in Makati, Manila. Delicious.

Once, I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and saw in my Lonely Planet guidebook that there was a Yellow Cab pizza branch in KL. I had to go all the way across town on public transportation to get there. For decent pizza in Asia, it was worth it ^
Old May 9, 2013, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If you're ever in the Trenton area, a quick trip across the river will take you to Morrisville, Pennsylvania. Originals Pizza is a little hole in the wall in a strip mall but they have amazing pizza and also great cheesesteaks. I ate there earlier this week and was very impressed ^
Old May 9, 2013, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StreetSmartTraveler
I've eaten Yellow Cab pizza at one of the big malls in Makati, Manila. Delicious.

Once, I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and saw in my Lonely Planet guidebook that there was a Yellow Cab pizza branch in KL. I had to go all the way across town on public transportation to get there. For decent pizza in Asia, it was worth it ^
You took public transportation instead of a yellow cab?!?
Old May 9, 2013, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You took public transportation instead of a yellow cab?!?

Haven't you been to Di Fara's on Avenue J in Brooklyn Mr. Canarsie??

Dan
Old May 16, 2013, 10:10 am

John's of Bleecker in NYC gets my vote.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by MileHawk
John's of Bleecker in NYC gets my vote.
Mind sharing the address? Thanks.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I just went to John's last week. Very awesome. And just down the street from the best cannoli at Rocco's. But Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge (DUMBO) is wayyyyy better, IMHO. Grimaldi's is at 1 Front Street, Brooklyn. Fantastic pizza and also amazing cannoli (can you tell I like both?)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, UR, IHG, HH, BA, CC
Go to Ray's Patzeria in New York, right off of Times Square. It's opposite one of the theatres (I think the Roy Rodger's theatre) and the Marriott Marquis.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:41 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In Manhattan (NYC) there are lots of pizza places with the name "RAY" as part of the title, some have gotten good reviews from pizza mavens, others have been panned. The trouble with restaurants is the owners and chefs come and go, but the name of the restaurant doesn't.
On http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray's_Pizza it is noted that 49 pizza places have some variation with the name RAY in the title.
So what may be great today is mediocre tomorrow.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

They are back!!!

The owners of All Star Pizza Co. may have sold their pizzeria, but after each of them had a stint in the corporate world, they reunited and four months ago started a new pizzeria in Kennesaw, Georgia called Peace, Love and Pizza, just northeast of Interstate 75 off the Wade Green Road exit — and they have not lost their touch, as the pizza is every bit as good as it used to be at their former pizzeria.

This place only has three tables, as it is designed more for carry-out and delivery rather than like All Star Pizza Co., which was a full-service restaurant.

Just yesterday, I purchased a 1-topping 18" pie for $10.59, including tax. Considering that Papa John’s and Pizza Hut are advertising their large — or any size — pizzas for exactly the same price but are considerably smaller in size and not nearly as good — in fact, there is simply no comparison — it is an amazing deal.

I highly recommend this place. If you are ever in the Kennesaw area — or in Marietta, Woodstock, Acworth or even Atlanta — and crave for pizza, this is absolutely the place to go!
They are growing, as Peace, Love and Pizza now has five locations in Kennesaw, Marietta and Woodstock, Georgia.

The cost of the pizza to which I referred is now approximately $14.00 with tax included — but it is still worth it.
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Haven't you been to Di Fara's on Avenue J in Brooklyn Mr. Canarsie??
No, I have not.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Mariella Pizza off Union Square in NY. Was also in midtown but that one shut down. Cheap but VERY.GOOD.PIZZA.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bensim
Mind sharing the address? Thanks.
278 Bleecker between 6th and 7th.

No slices, cash only.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by fieldeng
278 Bleecker between 6th and 7th.

No slices, cash only.
Still one of my favorites after all these years.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
They are growing, as Peace, Love and Pizza now has five locations in Kennesaw, Marietta and Woodstock, Georgia.

The cost of the pizza to which I referred is now approximately $14.00 with tax included — but it is still worth it.No, I have not.
The pie at Di Fara's is way more then $14 - I think its $35, if I remember correctly. $5 slices... If you are ever in NY - go try. One of my top 3 places. Get there before 12 pm so you can get your pie by earlier. The line is usually out the door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.