Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think I've had Chipotle twice since my last post. The store closest to my house is not very well run. Two weeks ago, there was a school fundraiser at the location, and they had to shut down the line two hours before closing because they ran out of ingredients.

On Monday... maybe it was the semi-new employee, or maybe Chipotle is saying so, but they were pretty skimpy on the portions (one burrito, two bowls, and a kid's meal). I should try the other location in town and compare.

While it's great they finally put quesadillas officially on the menu, it's annoying that it's an app exclusive.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
While it's great they finally put quesadillas officially on the menu, it's annoying that it's an app exclusive.
Great news, I've exclusively ordered via apps for just about everything in the last 14 months so I'll have to check out the quesadilla option.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by snabbu
Great news, I've exclusively ordered via apps for just about everything in the last 14 months so I'll have to check out the quesadilla option.
Some locations have added a “Chipotlane” which is a drive through for app orders only.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Am I just being so wrong for not having cmg stock? Is anyone else buying it at 1340?
Old May 30, 2021, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by gaobest
Am I just being so wrong for not having cmg stock? Is anyone else buying it at 1340?
Can we please stop discussing stock on every thread? If you are interested in stock tips/discussions, perhaps you should start a stock thread in OMNI.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Wow, I forgot that the thread existed. I'm done with Chipotle. The food is great, but based on how they've been treating me, I don't want to spend any more of my money with them.

My local Chipotles would have minor issues here and there (I'd order for delivery, and would sometimes order a large chips and queso and they'd give me a small bag of chips, or they'd give me a small queso instead of a large, or I'd order chips and guac and they'd either forget the guac or they didn't want to make more so they bagged my order up without the guac, for example). They'd always be "happy to replace the missing side" by giving me a reward for a free chips and guac/queso, which just meant that I'm now on the hook to order from them again in order to use it, rinse and repeat.

The final straw was when they messed up big time and failed to correct it.

I placed an order for delivery, and when the delivery driver got to the Chipotle, they had already closed because apparently they changed their hours due to COVID and the app had not updated with the new hours yet. So, the driver calls me and tells me that the Chipotle is closed, and that I need to contact wherever I ordered from for a refund. I would have been fine with a full refund, because these things happen. I had ordered directly through the Chipotle app, so I requested a refund from Chipotle. I got a customer service agent who attempted to refund me the wrong amount. I told the agent that it was not what I had paid, and that I had paid <amount> instead. The agent then lied and said "my mistake, that was a typo, you are correct" and then proceeded to refund me the wrong amount anyway. I also asked for my free chips and guac reward to be reinstated. The agent said sure, and said that I'd get it back within 24 hours. 24 hours later, instead of getting the reward back, I got points for the order that I never received, so the agent never cancelled the order and never reinstated the free chips and guac reward. So, I sent in a customer service complaint requesting the correct amount refunded, I don't even care about the chips and guac reward anymore. Guess where the complaint went to? The same customer service agent who refunded me the wrong amount, and was now spamming my email (I received SIX emails in a row containing nonsensical responses) and the agent was playing dumb about the whole issue.

So, I contacted Chipotle on Twitter and was told that I would definitely get someone different to look into this. Over a week later, no one contacted me, so I disputed the remaining charge on my credit card, and won the dispute with the customer service contact transcript as proof.

Last edited by diburning; May 31, 2021 at 9:15 am
Old May 31, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
Wow, I forgot that the thread existed. I'm done with Chipotle. The food is great, but based on how they've been treating me, I don't want to spend any more of my money with them.

My local Chipiotles ...
would you just go and eat there instead of doing delivery?
Old May 31, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I tend to order delivery when I am at work, where I can't leave the building. Although I will never order from Chipotle for delivery again, if I'm ever out with friends or something where they decide to go to Chipotle, I won't say no. If I'm in a position where I can just go into a restaurant to order, I'll still go to Chipotle if I can see everything that they're doing so that any mistakes can be corrected before I leave.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tend to order delivery when I am at work, where I can't leave the building. Although I will never order from Chipotle for delivery again, if I'm ever out with friends or something where they decide to go to Chipotle, I won't say no. If I'm in a position where I can just go into a restaurant to order, I'll still go to Chipotle if I can see everything that they're doing so that any mistakes can be corrected before I leave.
sounds great - where are your other favorite places for delivery? :-)
I’ve only had CMG on site and not delivery.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:18 pm

Ditto on the spending money, but I can't say the food has been great lately.

I got a customer service agent who attempted to refund me the wrong amount. I told the agent that it was not what I had paid, and that I had paid <amount> instead. The agent then lied and said "my mistake, that was a typo, you are correct" and then proceeded to refund me the wrong amount anyway. I also asked for my free chips and guac reward to be reinstated. The agent said sure, and said that I'd get it back within 24 hours. 24 hours later, instead of getting the reward back, I got points for the order that I never received, so the agent never cancelled the order and never reinstated the free chips and guac reward. So, I sent in a customer service complaint requesting the correct amount refunded, I don't even care about the chips and guac reward anymore. Guess where the complaint went to? The same customer service agent who refunded me the wrong amount, and was now spamming my email (I received SIX emails in a row containing nonsensical responses) and the agent was playing dumb about the whole issue.

So, I contacted Chipotle on Twitter and was told that I would definitely get someone different to look into this. Over a week later, no one contacted me, so I disputed the remaining charge on my credit card, and won the dispute with the customer service contact transcript as proof.
I think we've been dealing with same Chipotle customer "service" agent. Our local location has gone to hell the last 6 months, not gotten a single item correct in that time. Prior to that, things weren't too bad. Last straw was when we walked in there at 8:02 pm and 5 employees screamed "We're closed!" - sign on the door said open until 10:00 pm. So we walked across the parking lot to the brand new District Taco, where the service was better and the orders were made correctly.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:19 am

My last app order with Chipotle was skipped and in the completed stack. When I asked, they made the order but didn’t provide the receipt with the store information so a complaint could not be submitted.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TGarza
My last app order with Chipotle was skipped and in the completed stack. When I asked, they made the order but didn’t provide the receipt with the store information so a complaint could not be submitted.
if you want to complain, just provide the app screenshot and store location to CMG. Exact details can be internally traced.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Our closest Chipotle is terrible.

We were so excited when they came out with cauliflower rice so we'd have an option other than salad. First issue: with regular rice you normally get two scoops, with cauliflower rice, which you pay extra for, you get a small scoop. Second issue (which kind of negates the first issue), it was so salty and watery that it was inedible. Friends have gotten cauliflower rice from other stores and liked it, but I've seen similar complaints as ours on Chipotle's FB page, so it really depends who makes it.

More recent issues: friends got there at 6pm to eat (closes at 10pm) and they were out of brown rice, with no intentions of making more. A few weeks later, similar time, arrive friend gets last scoop of brown rice, husband settles for the last scoop of white rice, 10 people in line behind them got told no rice - they had only just then started making more as they used up the last scoop. Husband also ordered chips and guac. Gets home and discovers chips are only half cooked. Plus his meat was almost all fat, no meat.

We no longer go to that location.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
Our closest Chipotle is terrible.

We were so excited when they came out with cauliflower rice so we'd have an option other than salad. First issue: with regular rice you normally get two scoops, with cauliflower rice, which you pay extra for, you get a small scoop. Second issue (which kind of negates the first issue), it was so salty and watery that it was inedible. Friends have gotten cauliflower rice from other stores and liked it, but I've seen similar complaints as ours on Chipotle's FB page, so it really depends who makes it.

We no longer go to that location.
Cauliflower costs a lot more than rice. It should of course taste better.

how are the other cmg besides the one closest to you? How much further is the other one?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
if you want to complain, just provide the app screenshot and store location to CMG. Exact details can be internally traced.
Actually, I had no real reason to complain
since my order was missed but made while I was waiting. No big deal since we had already had diner and this is order was for our son. It is just the fact he had the receipt in his hand while stapling the bag then tossed the receipt. It was a slick move to minimize any complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.