I had my first White Castle Burger today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I had my first White Castle Burger today

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: WN/HPUS/B6/DL
Does anybody know if any of the White Castles in the Louisville, KY area are open 24hrs, or even have drive-thrus open very late. I'm meeting my brother at SDF in a few weeks, but my flight doesn't land until 12:30 am. I had White Castles twice last year, but my brother hasn't had them in probably 15 years.

I grew up in KY and IN, and loved White Castles. We moved to the South, where there are only Krystals. Krystals are OK, but are no comparison whatsoever to White Castles. Whenever I'm in the Midwest or Northeast, I try to go to a White Castle. I am kind of glad there are none near me, as I would probably be huge otherwise .
Old May 28, 2005, 8:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lvfs
Does anybody know if any of the White Castles in the Louisville, KY area are open 24hrs, or even have drive-thrus open very late.
AFAIK, all White Castle's are open 24/7.

And here's a recipe for White Castle's ( Not for the squeamish or faint-of-heart ):

2004 FINALIST
White Castle Pat
INGREDIENTS

10 White Castle hamburgers
4 tbsp. steak sauce
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. sweet mustard
2 tbsp. sweet barbeque sauce
1 tsp.hot sauce

INSTRUCTIONS

Mix all the ingredients in blender (pickles, buns, everything). Form into ball. Chill well. Serve with crackers. They will love this! Enjoy!

Submitted by Earl Spicer of St. Louis, MO
Old May 28, 2005, 11:59 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Friends of ours in the Miami/Miami Beach area emailed us recently to say that there's only one White Castle still open in the South Florida area where I grew up. Sad to think that all those great tiny burgers and birch beer that we consumed years ago in high school have not perpetuated their continued existance. Guess times, and stomach capabilities change over the years.
Any White Castles left in Connecticut, between Enfield and Mystic/New London?

bj-21.
Old May 29, 2005, 12:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I had my first "Whitey" about 20 years ago in St. Louis. Actually, it was about 6 Whiteys. They seemed like a novelty and they went down well after a night of partying. The locals all said that you had to eat them fresh and warm, otherwise there could be problems.

Last summer, we visited a White Castle in St. Louis with my family. Nobody's stomach could handle the little square monsters. I guess I chalk it up to the ageing process. What's everyone else's excuse?

Last edited by Jeeves; May 29, 2005 at 12:18 am
Old May 29, 2005, 12:33 am

Programs: None, but flying a lot more Delta these days
If I had the cash, I'd buy the franchise rights to put white castles in vegas, the combination of 24 hour drinking and easy access to white castles would be like printing money!
Old May 29, 2005, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Ahhhh, slider memories. I get them when Im stressed and working real late.

When I was in college I had a summer job that had me getting off work at 4 AM or so. Time for dinner so I would stop in a White Castle sometimes for dinner. Just me, some cab drivers, a few pimps and the occassional cop in there at that time of the morning.

In grad school in A2 after cheap pitcher night at Dooleys we would pile into someones car and head for Detroit and sliders. What madness addiction can cause
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: NW World Perks (Silver) 250K, Delta SkyMiles 50K, USAir Dividend Miles 40K
Are White Castles in that many areas? In my travels I don't remember seeing that many, I know they are in Ohio, New Jersey, and maybe somewhere in the Midwest, but it seems like I have run into more Krystals.

In my youth I had a slight preference for Krystals, they seemed a little greasier, which of course was a good thing!

I wonder if Krystal still has those criss-cross fries, those were a bit hit too! I probably haven't eaten at one in 10 years though, oh the good old days!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by wgrc1971
Are White Castles in that many areas? In my travels I don't remember seeing that many, I know they are in Ohio, New Jersey, and maybe somewhere in the Midwest, but it seems like I have run into more Krystals.

In my youth I had a slight preference for Krystals, they seemed a little greasier, which of course was a good thing!

I wonder if Krystal still has those criss-cross fries, those were a bit hit too! I probably haven't eaten at one in 10 years though, oh the good old days!
They are certainly in NYC and Long Island. In fact after reading this thread I had them for dinner a couple nights ago.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Well I had White Castle today Around 10am Had 3 Castles, french-fries and Chicken ring And it was good, but also now I understand why it has a few diff names.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The VP of finance dragged me to white castle for lunch today. Seems he's a fiend for them and no one else in the department but me will even entertain the idea. (yes, he paid)

It actually wasn't too tough, and I took it easy and only had 4 of them ^^
Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wgrc1971
Are White Castles in that many areas?
They're primarily in the Midwest and in the NY/NJ area. And they're only in select cities and not on every corner like Mickey D's. Just 380 White Castles in the US.
There are none West of St. Louis or South of Nashville and all are company owned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.