FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   I had my first White Castle Burger today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/424094-i-had-my-first-white-castle-burger-today.html)

jfe Apr 20, 2005 7:18 pm

I had my first White Castle Burger today

After many years and trips, I finally made it to one.

Pretty good, but those things are tiny, should have bought more than 4

And I wasn't stoned ;)

dhammer53 Apr 20, 2005 8:34 pm

Please re-read the dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour for a comment on said burger. :D

Paging lisamcgu. :p

skibum_nj Apr 20, 2005 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by jfe
After many years and trips, I finally made it to one.

Pretty good, but those things are tiny, should have bought more than 4

And I wasn't stoned ;)

Ahh the memories.... Many unforgettable high school and college nights that ended up with an early morning road trip for Rat Burgers!! ^

vincom Apr 20, 2005 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by skibum_nj
Ahh the memories.... Many unforgettable high school and college nights that ended up with an early morning road trip for Rat Burgers!! ^

I hear there is a 24H White Castle in Cherry Hill...

he he he

I LOVE THEM!

-Vincent

aslsigner Apr 20, 2005 10:15 pm

I've had the frozen kind
I assume the fresh are vastly better?

Analise Apr 21, 2005 7:23 am

C'mon, you had more than just four.... :D

pseudoswede Apr 21, 2005 10:27 am

Originally Posted by aslsigner
I've had the frozen kind
I assume the fresh are vastly better?

"Vastly" is debateable. ;)

But, yes, there's nothing like a fresh slider hot off the grill.

Mary2e Apr 21, 2005 10:31 am

Yum - white castles.

I never had the opportunity to have one until I moved to NJ. The white castle in Brooklyn was not in the best of neighborhoods.

You only had 4? That's barely a snack. I'm good for at least 6 or 7 of them ^^

zrudeboyz Apr 21, 2005 10:53 am

Yeah, I've got to say the "fresh" white castle's are much better than the frozen ones.

I am a big slider/belly bomber fan.

Have any of you been in the southeast where they have Krystal? How do you think they compare to the original (for me at least, don't know if WC was first)?

jfe Apr 21, 2005 6:43 pm

I only had 4, that's what the combo had. I didn't know how little they were.

bigjim Apr 23, 2005 5:58 am

Originally Posted by zrudeboyz
Yeah, I've got to say the "fresh" white castle's are much better than the frozen ones.

I am a big slider/belly bomber fan.

Have any of you been in the southeast where they have Krystal? How do you think they compare to the original (for me at least, don't know if WC was first)?

The Krystal's to me are just a notch below the White Castle's. I like the White Castle's buns better. As for the frozen variety - White Castle wins out big time - Krystal's are barely edible.

beofotch Apr 23, 2005 7:01 am

White Castle is far superior to Krystal.

In fact, 2 years ago in an effort to bring some Whitey's to Atlanta with me, I almost bought a 'Crave Case' (24 pack I do believe) with me as my carry on a CVG - ATL flight.

ScottC Apr 23, 2005 7:11 am

Originally Posted by jfe
I only had 4, that's what the combo had. I didn't know how little they were.

Lemme guess, you thought they were McD's Quarter pounder sized. That explains why you ordered 4 of them :D

meducate Apr 24, 2005 7:55 am

Absolutely nothing beats the taste and consistency of a murderburger.

I once figured out why there were 5 little holes in each burger: that is where the toenails/claws of the cows are when they slice the foot into the thin burger slices :eek:

cawhite Apr 24, 2005 8:21 pm

Mmmmmmm....sliders..... And don't forget the box of nails (though I'd rather go with the onion chips) :)

Have to agree that WC is better than Krystal, although Krystal will do in a pinch when I'm in the south!