Wiki Posts
Search

Decent Restaurant near Tampa Airport..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
Decent Restaurant near Tampa Airport..

My wife and I will be arriving late on a Friday night...

Anything open after 11pm that is decent. Will be heading toward Orlando.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Key word, decent

Only place I could honestly recommend near the airport, open that late ( not a lot of good places serve after 1100pm) is The Bamboo Club which serves till 1200 am. Asian Fusion cusine its in the International Mall two lights from the airport exit. There is also a Cheesecake Factory but I couldnt under any circumstances call their food " decent"

mike
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks, MIKESLIV.

That helps alot.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking Next time in TPA try this during earlier hours

http://www.alessibakeries.com/

Excellent deli - great cuban sandwiches, excellent (and huge) crabcakes, and wonderful baked goods
Old Jan 30, 2005, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks bgmvp.

Maybe I'll have time to try it Sunday on my way out of town.

Again, thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leviferret
My wife and I will be arriving late on a Friday night...

Anything open after 11pm that is decent. Will be heading toward Orlando.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Not sure with those hours, but thier is a huge mall near the airport, has an adult food court and after hours bars. Food court includes a Cheesecake Factory , my favorite chain.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
What about Bern's Steak House. They are always busy late, taking reservations until 12:00 and honestly for what they give, the value cannot be found elsewhere. For ~25.00 they will provide a full, complete and excellent meal.

Highly recommend....
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by bas5838
What about Bern's Steak House. They are always busy late, taking reservations until 12:00 and honestly for what they give, the value cannot be found elsewhere. For ~25.00 they will provide a full, complete and excellent meal.
If Bern's is open that late, it's the place to go. If you're determined to stay near the airport, two of the restaurants at the Grant Hyatt (formerly the Hyatt Regency Westshore), which is right next to the airport, are surprisingly good (one Italian and one seafood), but I don't know if they're open that late.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: US1, NW, AA, SPG...
Armani's on the top floor of the Hyatt is good, very expensive. There's a Roy's near the airport, but I agree with the previous poster about Bern's and SideBern's. Probably a 10 minute cab ride or so, both are excellent. I'm not sure about getting out of Bern's for $25 pp though. Excellent prime dry-aged steak there - reviews (ie Steingarten) have said it's as good as any in the country, up there with (gasp) Peter Luger in NY.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The mall near the airport is International Plaza. It is an upscale mall, opened a week or so after 9-11 so has struggled a bit. The Lord and Taylor store closed, but I think that is a L&T issue. There is a shuttle to the mall, it is through the Renaissance Hotel. No need to be a guest there, just hop on and then walk up the steps to the mall.

I have eaten at the Cheesecake Factory 4 times and have not enjoyed myself. The food quality lacked. In defense of CF, I have eaten CF here is Scottsdale at Kierland and had a very good experience, perhaps management issues.
Bamboo Club is very good and would recommend, but as others mentioned go to Bern's for a non-chain non-mall experience. There is only one Bern's. The desert room is a wonderful, romantic experience. Be sure to ask for a tour of the kitchen and wine cellar, it is interesting and brief.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again.....I checked the Berns Steakhouse website and it sounds interesting. Hopefully I'll arrive in time to check it out

Thanks for all the suggestions
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Bern's Steakhouse.

Or Charlie's Steakhouse.

Both excellent and not too far from the airport.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:36 am

Ceviche in South Tampa is savory and fun... great tapas and yummy sangria. *sigh*
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
For cheap and cheerful, ther's always the Cuban restaurants just east of the airport. On Columbus (which is joined onto by Boy Scout Blvd) just east of Dale Mabry, south side of Columbus.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:45 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by terenz
For cheap and cheerful, ther's always the Cuban restaurants just east of the airport. On Columbus (which is joined onto by Boy Scout Blvd) just east of Dale Mabry, south side of Columbus.

Of which, the best would be La Terisita!

http://cuban-food-usa.com/tampa_teresita.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.