Unusual / Funny Restaurant Names

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unusual / Funny Restaurant Names

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:49 pm
tiernan1338

A local Chinese restaurant near mum and dad's called "Pooh Ping Palace". hmm...

Old Apr 21, 2004, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Gold, HP/US/whatever nothing :-)
There was a place in Ventura County (either Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura, my sister would know but I'm too lazy to call her to ask) called Dukes Btich'in Burgers (letters scrambled so as to show up). AWESOME burgers too!!
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:43 pm

In town, there is a Yum Yum Good Chinese restaurant.

Our office moved to a small rural crossroads (great place for a software development business), so the general question of the day is 'Which gas station would you like to eat in today?', since there are only a couple of real restaurants within a 10 mile radius.

However, up the road aways is the 'Country Goodies and Oak Furniture' where you can get a peanut butter and jam sandwich for $1.09 (your choice of jam!) or a bologna sandwich for $1.39. I guess that counts as a restaurant. They do also sell oak furniture.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:57 pm

"The Bar F Saloon" somewhere in Wyoming. I sent a picture of their sign to National Lampoon.

From National Lampoon, "Peni's Grocery"
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
In the Vietnamese section of San Diego you will find "A Dong Restaurant"

Don't order the sausage.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
There used to be a place in Rossville, IN called the Sanitary Lunch .
Old Apr 23, 2004, 2:37 pm

Location: PDX, AMS, MSN, ORD. Dedicated to finding a cure for Republicanism in our time. "Won't you please help"? "For the children's sake"?
Programs: ! "Ya can't tell da' playahs wit'out a program!" NW silver, DIRT everywhere else.
Originally Posted by boilermaker
There used to be a place in Rossville, IN called the Sanitary Lunch .
There was one in Chicago also. And a 'sanitary seafood market'.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 7:22 pm

Programs: CO plat, HH gold, Marriott silver
Best in PDX

My favorite is a Chinese place in Portland just inside Chinatown off of Burnside. It's called Hung Far Low. I even stopped for a pic, figuring that no one would believe me.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by wingless
Cabbage and Condoms Bangkok, Thailand

Cabbage & Condom Restaurant
Sukhumvit, Soi 12
This is an enticing restaurant – it welcomes you from the Soi; the ambience is quiet and the decorations ‘interesting’. The check/bill came with a condom.
Off to Bangkok next week, with another visit to this wonderful restaurant planned. My friend will be visiting BKK for the first time, so I hope she will like it.

It is very conveniently located to the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, which is where we will stay!
Old Apr 23, 2004, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I am currently managing a restaurant/tavern known as the 999's (Three Nines Taven). The current owners, in their 44th year of ownership, don't know where the name came from .... they never changed it. Some say the previous owner won the establishment in a card came .... winning hand being 3 nines.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
The Hang On Chinese Takeaway in Thatcham, Berks

The new student union bar at Uni was in the process of being renamed and there was a lot of support for renaming it 'The Library'...though some chump decided to name it 'The Brown Bar'
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:04 am

Hung Far Low

Originally Posted by back-to-CLE
My favorite is a Chinese place in Portland just inside Chinatown off of Burnside. It's called Hung Far Low. I even stopped for a pic, figuring that no one would believe me.
I was just browsing this thread wondering if someone would beat me to posting that place. I found it and ate there back in the '70's, and it was still around when I was in Portland a couple of years ago. The name struck me as humorous (for a Westerner) then and I still have a business card from them that I took with me for the same reason you took the photo.

Does anyone who understands the language know what the name means?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:17 am

Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned:

Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn - Fairbanks, AK
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by scubadiver
The Hard Disk Cafe, in Silicon Valley of course!
That was also the name of the employee cafeteria of WordPerfect, back when it was headquartered in Orem, Utah (prior to its acquisiton by Novell and then Corel).
Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
The Hang On Chinese Takeaway in Thatcham, Berks

The new student union bar at Uni was in the process of being renamed and there was a lot of support for renaming it 'The Library'...though some chump decided to name it 'The Brown Bar'
Back in the 80's there WAS a bar named "The Library" in Tempe, AZ close to the campus of Arizona State University. Never been inside, so I can't say if it actually had anything to read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.