Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:02 am

I'm spending 4 nights at Madrid and 4 nights in Barcelona this March. There are 3 restaurants I'd really love to try.
DiverXO in Madrid
El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, close enough to Barcelona
Tickets in Barcelona

DiverXO has no availability, not even on the waitlist my time there.
El Celler is all booked out for the year, but I added myself to the waitlist.
Tickets releases 2 months at a time and I missed out. There's no formal waiting list available but I emailed the restaurant to see if they can waitlist me. No reply from them.
I also called AMEX to try to get me a reservation for El Celler and Tickets.

Any advice on how I can get a table at these places?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm spending 4 nights at Madrid and 4 nights in Barcelona this March. There are 3 restaurants I'd really love to try.
DiverXO in Madrid
El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, close enough to Barcelona
Tickets in Barcelona

DiverXO has no availability, not even on the waitlist my time there.
El Celler is all booked out for the year, but I added myself to the waitlist.
Tickets releases 2 months at a time and I missed out. There's no formal waiting list available but I emailed the restaurant to see if they can waitlist me. No reply from them.
I also called AMEX to try to get me a reservation for El Celler and Tickets.

Any advice on how I can get a table at these places?
Good luck on El Celler - I'm on the waitlist for a week in May. If there is a secret way to get a table I'd love to know. I tried to pull some local strings - epic fail.

Originally Posted by offerendum
We already discussed it at the best restaurant thread- the plan looks OK. Not really my choices, but it's your decision. Woudn't go to Alain Ducasse for Lunch. Food isn't the star here, it's the experience. I doubt it's as glamorous at Lunch as it is at Dinner.

P.s. Yes you save a lot at Lunch, but you loose a lot of the day. Also I normally take neverless the Tasting.
Yeah, I thought we beat this completely to death in the other thread.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 2, 2016 at 6:15 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Yeah, I thought we beat this completely to death in the other thread.
Definitively
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:36 am

Anybody been to Victor's Gourmet Restaurant (3 star) on the Luxembourg/Germany border? Thinking about heading down there next month
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Anybody been to Victor's Gourmet Restaurant (3 star) on the Luxembourg/Germany border? Thinking about heading down there next month
I was there several times, but not during the last 1-1.5 years. Was always excellent !
Friends were there recently (2-3 months ago), they too found it was excellent.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
I was there several times, but not during the last 1-1.5 years. Was always excellent !
Friends were there recently (2-3 months ago), they too found it was excellent.
Thanks - I am booked!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Ate at Blanca (2-star Michelin in Brooklyn) for my birthday dinner last night. Excellent food, very well-done. Purists will probably be upset at hearing 'Ride The Lightning' during dinner, but I loved hearing classic rock, thrash metal, and punk all in a chef's table seating. 15-20 small bites, with my favorite probably being the lamb carbonara. Had a fantastic white IPA from Portland, OR during the entire meal. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the NYC area.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Just returned to The Harwood Arms in Fulham after it got its star. It was already excellent and it has turned it up a notch or two since my last visit. A very well deserved star.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Just returned to The Harwood Arms in Fulham after it got its star. It was already excellent and it has turned it up a notch or two since my last visit. A very well deserved star.
Visited in 2010 when it already had a star. Very nice food, friends were also happy with a visit last year. Red they have a new chef now...
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I just returned from a trip to Eleven Madison Park in NYC. Excellent food with great company. Definitely one of the top 2 meals in my life.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:31 pm

Went to Annecy, France last weekend and had dinner at a couple of Michelin-starred spots.

La Ciboulette - very good food overall, but the entrees were less inspiring than the mains. Very Old World decor. Not for those who don't have a passing/rusty knowledge of French (no English-language menus).

Yoan Conte - I really want to come back here for lunch on a clear day or an early dinner in the summer, as it is on Lake Annecy and undoubtedly has spectacular views. The food was fantastic here; the foie gras was one of the most flavorful, textured foies I have had anywhere (it was also the main meat entree! Have only had it as an appetizer). Menu in English, a handful of waiters with enough English language to even make a little conversation. I was displeased when we had our tea on the couches and then were virtually ignored for 20 minutes once we were done. Some of the wait time is so the head chef can come out and greet folks as they were departing, but we saw others leave before us - so there was definitely slippage once we were no longer in the dining room. I wouldn't call it a Top-10 dining experience, but I love the setting and the food was a delicious contemporary take on French cuisine.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: points traveller
have forthcoming reservations at EMP and Chef's Table - couple of quick questions:
- are the beverage pairings at either of these outstanding enough to indulge?
- is it true that chef's table has a no notes and no photos policy?

also wondering whether to add in a lunchtime visit to le bernadin or another on our very short stay in NYC.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
have forthcoming reservations at EMP and Chef's Table - couple of quick questions:
- are the beverage pairings at either of these outstanding enough to indulge?
- is it true that chef's table has a no notes and no photos policy?

also wondering whether to add in a lunchtime visit to le bernadin or another on our very short stay in NYC.
Yes to your question re: Chef's Table's photo policy, at least when I went a couple years ago. I would take any photos before dinner gets started.

As for lunchtime eats, I have heard that Marea (2 stars) has an excellent lunch menu. Jean-Georges does as well.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
As for lunchtime eats, I have heard that Marea (2 stars) has an excellent lunch menu. Jean-Georges does as well.
Only had dinner at Marea so far, but Jean-Georges lunch was a real steal.....
Old Feb 21, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Only had dinner at Marea so far, but Jean-Georges lunch was a real steal.....
Even more true at nougatine for lunch

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.