FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:31 pm
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Went to Annecy, France last weekend and had dinner at a couple of Michelin-starred spots.

La Ciboulette - very good food overall, but the entrees were less inspiring than the mains. Very Old World decor. Not for those who don't have a passing/rusty knowledge of French (no English-language menus).

Yoan Conte - I really want to come back here for lunch on a clear day or an early dinner in the summer, as it is on Lake Annecy and undoubtedly has spectacular views. The food was fantastic here; the foie gras was one of the most flavorful, textured foies I have had anywhere (it was also the main meat entree! Have only had it as an appetizer). Menu in English, a handful of waiters with enough English language to even make a little conversation. I was displeased when we had our tea on the couches and then were virtually ignored for 20 minutes once we were done. Some of the wait time is so the head chef can come out and greet folks as they were departing, but we saw others leave before us - so there was definitely slippage once we were no longer in the dining room. I wouldn't call it a Top-10 dining experience, but I love the setting and the food was a delicious contemporary take on French cuisine.