What's for dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2003, 11:06 am

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
How could anyone in Texas go to Taco Bell, when there is the 1M times better Taco Bueno readily available!!!

Whenever I am in Dallas, I always make sure I visit:

Taco Bueno
Grandy's
Braum's
Country Burger

------------------
robb is clearly within the margin of sampling error - Googlism
Old Jan 25, 2003, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
There is NO Taco Bueno near my parents.

You would love coming to visit me, however...

Within five minutes of my place, I have Braums (walking distance), Grandys, Taco Bueno, Taco Cabana, Dairy Queen, and (my local fav) Burger Street.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Tonight... going out for Asian fusion....

http://www.abacus-restaurant.com/newsite/index.html

Mmm... lobster shooters.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 8:12 pm

I'm coming over to visit!!

Tonight I made Beef Stroganoff (Okie-style which means ground beef with cream of mushroom soup! )

------------------
robb is clearly within the margin of sampling error - Googlism
Old Jan 25, 2003, 8:24 pm

Just had domino's w/friends.

Pizza, buffalo wings and spots (very tasty)..
Old Jan 26, 2003, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by robb:
I'm coming over to visit!!
</font>
Woo hoo!

(In the meantime, get thineself to Long Beach next Thursday night.... )
Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Dim sum again. Not from Chinatown this time (though my neighborhood is often called "Chinatown West"), but from a restaurant three blocks from my house. They sell order-from-menu dim sum between 10 AM and 3 PM every day.

Yum!

Kathy
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:04 am

I just tried (for the first time) the Lobster Ravioli from Omaha Steaks. Came with its own sauce in a separate packet. It was filling, delicious, and stuffed with pieces of lobster and not much other filler. Had Omaha Steaks' greenbeans in sauce with it. They stayed crunchy after microwave cooking. I was impressed with the meal. (If you want to try it, click the links to order online.)

------------------
There will never be a winner in the "Battle of the Sexes". There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:09 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Three of United Airlines "deluxe" nut/pretzel packets and a diet pepsi, LAX-SFO.

But tomorrow is another day.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:26 am

Hey, don't knock the UA Deluxe nut mix!! (Wait is that the gold bag or is the gold bag called "Supreme?")

At any rate, I ordered a case of the gold bag of nuts from www.delyse.com one time, as I got addicted to them onboard.

What was funny is that I couldn't find the place to order them in regular sizes and ended up with a case of little .75 oz bags that had the UA logo on them!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 7:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Tonight's fare:

Charcoal grilled chicken breasts, with my own sauce of fresh ginger, orange juice, and basil; Basmati rice; an almond and orange peel romaine salad created by daughter cblaisd; sourdough bread, Breyer's ice cream with strawberries.

Much, much, better than last night's of snack mix and cranberry orange cookie, SBA-SJC

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 02-21-2003).]
Old Feb 21, 2003, 9:34 pm

I had Cream of Wheat for dinner. I sure know how to live it up on a Friday huh!!

[This message has been edited by pointsgirl (edited 02-21-2003).]
Old Feb 21, 2003, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

By choice?

(I once heard it called "grits for yankees.")
Old Apr 11, 2003, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Two papusas revueltas, along with black beans and rice, from the Salvadorean restaurant El Aguacate in Concord, CA. Fresh-picked strawberries for dessert.

[This message has been edited by cblaisd (edited 04-11-2003).]
Old May 23, 2003, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Made red beds and rice tonight. Cheated by starting from one of the pre-mixed versions. But atoned by slicing up a link of sausage in it and adding some shrimp and oysters and calamari. Made cornbread (NOT from a box) to go with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.