The Great Sriracha Shortage Is Over For Now

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
The Great Sriracha Shortage Is Over For Now

https://laist.com/news/food/the-grea...s-over-for-now

When we did switch back to Sriracha, there was I would say 30% of our customers who are like, ‘Oh, do you still have the old sauce because it tastes better,’” Su said. “Sriracha is like a big name brand, and everyone's used to it, and everyone wanted it. But when they had no choice, but to try the substitute, they ended up liking it a little bit more.”

Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I saw the classic Huy Fong brand for $7.99 on Sunday. Lotsa choices of Sriracha from $2.99 to the $7.99.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Thai/Vietnamese restaurant near me makes their own, and it's much better than the retail variety. Unfortunately, they don't sell it.
gaobest likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Current costs

FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
What about Sambal Oelek? I see it in the picture above, but I haven't seen it in either of my two closest grocery stores in at least a month. Anyone else notice that or is it just a local issue? It's actually my go-to for spicing up most Asian dishes (curries, stir frys, etc.) over Sriracha.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Still can't get HuyFong brand here. The Kroger brand sourced from Vietnam is surprisingly good.
gaobest likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been buying Vietnamese chili-garlic sauce from the local Asian grocery. I really like the Huy Fong chili garlic sauce too though
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by JBord
What about Sambal Oelek? I see it in the picture above, but I haven't seen it in either of my two closest grocery stores in at least a month. Anyone else notice that or is it just a local issue? It's actually my go-to for spicing up most Asian dishes (curries, stir frys, etc.) over Sriracha.
Haven't seen Huy Fong here, but other brands are available. There is one supermarket I haven't checked in months. They used to sell sambal in giant tubs... Not sure the size, but not meant for home use unless you *REALLY* consume copious amounts every day...
Old Nov 22, 2023, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Stopped by Whole Foods as well as Dillons, our local Kroger store, and Sprouts within the past two days and no joy on Sriracha.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Stopped by Whole Foods as well as Dillons, our local Kroger store, and Sprouts within the past two days and no joy on Sriracha.
The sauce heard that you live in flyover country and flew right in by.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:43 pm

Not sure about elsewhere, but "Flying Goose" siracha is currently flooding all our supermarkets. (At least the ones I frequent)
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:49 pm

Sriracha is $4.99/bottle now in my area.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:58 pm

YYZ has been flooded with about 7-10 different brands of Sriracha. Anywhere from $4.99+tax up to $7.99+tax (CDN). Haven't gone to try any yet but might have to.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Excited to see Sriracha at Hy-Vee earlier tonight! It was $8.99 for a 17oz bottle, but glad to have some again!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Excited to see Sriracha at Hy-Vee earlier tonight! It was $8.99 for a 17oz bottle, but glad to have some again!
That seems extremely expensive for some reason. The bottle I picked up was CDN$5.49BT (CDN$6.20AT or approximately USD$4.61) for a 730ml (24.7oz). Wasn't Huey-Fong (more expensive but not hideously so) but still.

(I picked up two bottles just in case...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.