Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating .... 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
So what did you end up getting?
JFK-SEA:

"JUST EGG Mexican Egg Bites" -- didn't taste very Mexican but it did taste better than it looked. I wish I had brought my own hot sauce to supplement the Cholula.

SEA-SFO on SkyWest: protein platter fruit & cheese plate

I had pre-ordered the protein platter but the FA mixed up the orders. It was fine but absolutely not what I wanted. I ate the fruit and picked at the cheese. The grapes were good. Luckily I was planning to go Priority Pass hopping at SFO, and had a beet salad pre-ordered for my redeye. The beet salad was the best thing I ate on a plane yesterday

Overall it was not the best performance from AS.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 18, 2024 at 8:28 pm
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Breakfast -- We had planned to eat the free room service at the Thompson Chicago, but they forgot to submit the order and the food wouldn't have arrived for at least another hour after we called to check (we had already waited one hour). Ended up going to the Original Pancake House across the street which was excellent. I ordered a custom skilled with potatoes, sausage, onions and pepper jack. Side of raisin bread with a nice berry jelly.
Did they buy you breakfast?

It's 9:30 p.m. where I am and suddenly I am jonesing for an apple pancake (or maybe a Dutch baby, since it's late).
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Did they buy you breakfast?

It's 9:30 p.m. where I am and suddenly I am jonesing for an apple pancake (or maybe a Dutch baby, since it's late).
Funny you mention that -- the table next to use got the massive apple pancake which looked delicious. I mean my skillet was a lot of food, which I finished all of, but I don't know if I could've polished off the pancake..!

Fwiw, my pic didn't post, so enjoy the skillet, at least photographically

Thompson did not buy us breakfast, but follow up is being done in regards to making up for that and some other issues experienced during the stay.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I think I mentioned somewhere that my Christmas gift to my cousin was a dozenish home made cookies a month for 12 months. Februarys selection was Lemon Bars with Olive Oil and Sea Salt. BTW, what you see is powdered sugar. Not salt.

corky, work2fly and GW McLintock like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I think I mentioned somewhere that my Christmas gift to my cousin was a dozenish home made cookies a month for 12 months. Februarys selection was Lemon Bars with Olive Oil and Sea Salt. BTW, what you see is powdered sugar. Not salt.

I would want those every month. I don't need variety...I just need lemon bars. Yummy
ILuvParis and GW McLintock like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Toast

Ikedas, auburn

Chimichurri steak sandwich with fries

Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Dinner tonight was a multi-part event over the course of a few hours, with a haircut in between:
  • Roasted wild mushrooms (from Del Frisco's Grille)
  • Grandma slice (on the smaller side)
  • Salad (lettuce, tomato, red pepper)
  • Chicken souvlaki (leftover)
-J.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Goat cheese cakes
Gruyere fries

braslvr, gaobest, Visconti and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Lunch: salad (lettuce, tomato, red pepper, onion, sauted onion; maple cider vinaigrette from Mustard's Grill at SFO) with chicken souvlaki (from Village Grill dba Greek Stix ghost kitchen), sweet potato

Afternoon snack: strawberries and blueberries I can pretend I am a bear and eat all the berries!

I just realized I meant to have the sweet potato with dinner. So I'll have to try and hold off on having the berries.

-J.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gaobest likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lodging, incline village NV:
Muffin
kcup coffee

diamond peak, nevada:
Coffee

pulled pork sandwich with potato salad
leftover chicken

Cutthroat Saloon, Incline village NV:
shared Caesar
rueben with fries

Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:03 pm

Minor celebratory mood with some comfort food. Ordered Round Table King Arthur's Supreme with extra cheese and Coke. Just feels good with any potential jury service inconvenience behind, and can look forward to my end of Feb and March trips.
braslvr and gaobest like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: None. Like Zero. :(

corky and gaobest like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sierra cafe:
corned beef hash & poached eggs

sierra cafe:
shared charcuterie - artichoke - fried mozzarella balls
ragu - short rib - with fresh casarecce

Too much rich food.

Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Pre-covid Ranch

This week I’ve been going through some pre-covid Ranch dressing. My wife has a bad habit of putting stuff we bring from the US away, and then forgetting we have them. This particular case was a Costco size of Hidden Valley Ranch, she put into our Indonesian fridge before Covid. Luckily it was unopened. Its use by date was over 4 years ago.

I’ve been Jonesing for some hot wings with Ranch. My wife brought me not one, not two, but three unopened bottles of Ranch. Now I hate to waste food items, but won’t eat stuff that has gone bad. The two smaller bottles are Wishbone brand, and had an October 2018 use by date. I went with the Feb 20, 2020 use by date for the Hidden Valley. Used it a couple times earlier this week, and no problems so far.

Sadly, we didn’t have a decent hot sauce to cook the wings in. Maybe the wife will bring some back from her next US visit in a few months.

Actually looking at this date code, I’m not sure if it’s Feb 2019 or Feb 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.