corn cherry scone

soul food luncheon at school!
fried chicken
Mac & cheese
collard greens

Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Egg whites, turkey bacon, and onion swiss cheese on whole wheat with salt, pepper, and hot sauce; cubed watermelon

(All from the Korean bodega with the hispanic ock... yes, we are very diverse in Queens!)

The ock messed up both orders before mine (one had the wrong cheese, another was put on a hero instead of a roll), so no surprise he screwed this up as well. I generally do not mix meat and dairy so I did my best to pick off the cheese. It was way too rich for me regardless and I know I will regret this later.

They have also raised their prices and now the bagel store is cheaper. I will continue to buy kimchi there but probably not hot food unless in a pinch.

ETA: I had also completely forgotten that I pre-ordered a protein plate on my flight. My reasoning was that if I was upgraded to F, all of the F meal options have pork, so at least I could guarantee this would be onboard. The crew on this flight is amazing. I told them I forgot and wasn't going to have it, and they told me the system was down and to just take it for later -- they weren't going to charge me anyway. I should have thrown out the sandwich. Oh well; it took over 90 minutes from takeoff for the cart to come out so I wasn't waiting for it anyway.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 2, 2024 at 6:45 am
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Incredibly warm and fresh caramel coconut chocolate chip cookie from Levain in Bethesda - one of the better things that has been in my mouth:

I bought one to take home to Mother tomorrow - but I might just eat it instead.

M Club breakfast at Marriott Bethesda Downtown at Marriott HQ:

corky, work2fly, Visconti and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:45 am

Damn, that cookie looks so good! I could like eat 3 of them right now with my morning black coffee.
corky and ElevatorEnthusiast like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Steel cut oatmeal with butter and black pepper
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by work2fly
Steel cut oatmeal with butter and black pepper
Should've added some hot sauce -- no matter what EastBay1K has to say!

It was very nice to meet you.

-J.
work2fly likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Should've added some hot sauce -- no matter what EastBay1K has to say!

It was very nice to meet you.

-J.
It was nice to meet you as well.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Avgolemono soup (sort of)
gaobest likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: None. Like Zero. :(
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Poor M Club breakfast at Marriott Metro Center (only meat choice was shriveled turkey sausages)

Walked about 7 miles in total to Georgetown to get some more Levain - the caramel coconut was delicious, and I got a dark chocolate chocolate chip for after my flight

Another delicious pizza from Stellina - the staff knew I was leaving today and were excited to see that I ended my trip with one last hurrah - though, they did claim I should order two pizzas since it was my last visit

Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Poor M Club breakfast at Marriott Metro Center (only meat choice was shriveled turkey sausages)

Walked about 7 miles in total to Georgetown to get some more Levain - the caramel coconut was delicious, and I got a dark chocolate chocolate chip for after my flight

Another delicious pizza from Stellina - the staff knew I was leaving today and were excited to see that I ended my trip with one last hurrah - though, they did claim I should order two pizzas since it was my last visit

When I travel to some of my favorite pizza destinations I bring along foil & zip lock bags to bring a few slices home with me to put in the freezer. Before 911 & all of the TSA nonsense, I even brought a whole pie from NYC to put in the overhead. Actually I did this twice but one of the times I had to eat my pizza at the airport because there was a blizzard & I was stuck at JFK for the weekend & the airport ran out of food at the concessions. I stored it in the Admiral's club fridge and had a few slices as needed--I shared with the bartender. You could do that if it was your last trip before heading home.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Lunch -- I split the four meat tray at Chef J's BBQ in KC/MO with a buddy yesterday. It included sausage, ribs, burnt ends and brisket. The sides were the cheese corn, mac and cheese and potato salad as well as the fixin's (pickled onions, jalapeno, etc)..

After our whiskey tour, we visited The Peanut for their famous wings. Six is enough for two meals and they were also my lunch today.

braslvr, corky, work2fly and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: None. Like Zero. :(
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Breakfast: scrambled eggs (not the powdered kind!) and roasted potatoes at the Delta Hotel near Port Authority

-J.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Leftover Turkey sandwich

arizmendi bakery treats

leftover tri tip meal plus some Indian / Himalayan gems from Friday night:
momos (dumplings)
bengan Barta (eggplant)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.