Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for suggestions on products and uses for various ground meats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by corky
I remember that one! And that place. I too would leave out those vile green peppers.
Easy to substitute ground turkey. The reason this meatloaf works so well is that the vegetables are all cooked & soft before added to the meat mixture.
Old May 9, 2020, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This recipe is a kitchen staple for us:
https://justbento.com/handbook/johbi...ic-meat-soboro

We’re semi refugees at the moment (long, tedious story) and spend parts of the week without access to our actual kitchen. A container of soboro (as well as a few sourdough loaves) is one of the few things I make at home and bring with us. At home you can tip some on rice with kimchi, other vegetables and and egg and enjoy a quick easy meal. In this hotel-type apartment, some soboro and sliced chillies and spring onions/scallion in instant ramen transforms it. Soboro is also good placed on a slice of toast (or stuffed in a jacket potato) and grilled under cheese (you can add some kimchi too). Or warm it up a little by throwing it in with mushroom slices as they brown and add it to a salad.
A pork soboro will generally taste better at room temperature than a beef soboro.

That soboro recipe can be easily adapted - less oyster sauce and a bit of toban djan and hoisin sauce included, or spruce it up with Korean pepper paste or Japanese curry roux or Indian spices.
Old May 9, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GfL
There is a Laotian/Thai salad called larb (or laab) gai that uses ground chicken. Some fresh mint, thin-sliced lemongrass, chilis, fish sauce, lime juice, and a bit of palm sugar mixed with cooked ground chicken. Serve it over some butter lettuce. Super fresh and healthy.

When I come across ground lamb I buy it and make Adana kebabs (Turkish).
LapLap, JBord and krispy84 like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by travelmad478
There is a Laotian/Thai salad called larb (or laab) gai that uses ground chicken. Some fresh mint, thin-sliced lemongrass, chilis, fish sauce, lime juice, and a bit of palm sugar mixed with cooked ground chicken. Serve it over some butter lettuce. Super fresh and healthy.

When I come across ground lamb I buy it and make Adana kebabs (Turkish).
Love laab! I have a sudden craving for laab moo, som tam and an ice cold Singha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.