Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I don't know. The main attraction IMO of In-n-Out is the freshness/texture. Warm TOASTED bun, hot patty(s) with crispy edges, cool crisp lettuce, fresh onion thinly sliced, and of course the famous "spread" which has not yet made the bun soggy. Once cooled or reheated, that is all lost.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Why not warm them back up in an oven or toaster?
Bun gets soggier from the steam.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Bun gets soggier from the steam.
I've met quite a few poor wait staff recently. For a steak that wasn't hot they were going to "reheat it" (not really sure how). For a cup of lukewarm coffee they thought the microwave was a brilliant idea.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:46 am

Always my fave when leaving California. If I'm on the noon balloon back to the east coast, I'll invariably stop at InOB to grab a Double Double right before leaving. The sign says they open at 1030a, but they really open at 10a, and there's just enough time to get a burger and head to the airport. Breakfast of Champions!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
I stopped at the In N Out on the strip in Las Vegas last weekend. Service was fast, food fresh. Maybe its just me, but the meat patties (double double) got smaller. I had noticeably more bun left over.

It satisfied my craving, but has me second guessing a quick return to any InOB.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
When I do In n Out, I always skip the spread. I always order #2 combo.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I notice in the Las Vegas-area locations that lots of people get the fries where they take the cheese slices, put them over the fries, and put it in the small oven. I don't see that on the menu. What are you supposed to say to order it and how much more does it cost?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RustyC
I notice in the Las Vegas-area locations that lots of people get the fries where they take the cheese slices, put them over the fries, and put it in the small oven. I don't see that on the menu. What are you supposed to say to order it and how much more does it cost?
Apparently they're just called "cheese fries" per stuff I'm seeing online. I'm a fan of getting the fries animal style myself so that I also have the grilled onions and sauce but I definitely can't eat one of those and a burger in one sitting anymore.
RustyC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
The In-N-Out they plan on opening in Park Meadows in the southern Denver 'burbs will be an absolute traffic disaster.
It opened on Monday to huge fanfare, and Lone Tree PD actually had a decent game plan on managing traffic. I can't find any news articles about this opening, but the one that opened in Aurora was experiencing 14 hour wait times. I mean, it's good, but that is about 13.5 hours more than I'm willing to wait.

My sister and brother-in-law went to the Park Meadows location today. After waiting 20 minutes in traffic, a totally empty "dine in" lane appeared, so they drove into that. Instead of waiting in a massive line of cars, they were one of 6 socially-distanced people waiting in line under some outdoor propane heaters. They were back in their car after 15 minutes with their food. Blows my mind that people waste time waiting in cars to do drive-through than going into the restaurant.

I might pick some up from the Colorado Springs location next week when I'm down there.
corky and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I went to the one in Park Meadows yesterday for lunch. The lane to get into line was close to 2 miles long but the lanes were empty for the most part. Once I pulled up to the car in front of me it was less than 20 minutes from the time I got in line until I was driving home with lunch. The line was so short that I was in the road in front of In-N-Out when I pulled in behind the car in front of me.
pseudoswede likes this.

Last edited by BOB W; Feb 24, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
I went to the one in Park Meadows yesterday for lunch. The lane to get into line was close to 2 miles long but the lanes were empty for the most part. Once I pulled up to the car in front of me it was less than 20 minutes from the time I got in line until I was driving home with lunch. The line was so short that I was in the road in front of In-N-Out when I pulled in behind the car in front of me.
We went tonight after Baby Swede's hockey game. 8pm on a Saturday night. Drive-thru lane snaked forever it looked like. Zero cars in the Dine-In lane. About five empty spaces in the parking lot (half of it closed to store additional inventory). Walk right inside, served within 90 seconds, waited outside under propane heaters, and back in the car with our order in under 10 minutes.

My Double Double with grilled onions and chopped chiles was delicious. The fries, even well-done, are still awful. Miss Swede has an egg allergy (so no sauce), and they handled it perfectly even with how busy it was.
corky likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
My Double Double with grilled onions and chopped chiles was delicious. The fries, even well-done, are still awful. Miss Swede has an egg allergy (so no sauce), and they handled it perfectly even with how busy it was.
My double, double, animal style was incredible, as always!! I forgot to ask for the fries extra crispy, so they were barely warm, and not that good by the time I got back to the house. Very pale white and needed more time in the fryer.
corky likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We went tonight after Baby Swede's hockey game. 8pm on a Saturday night. Drive-thru lane snaked forever it looked like. Zero cars in the Dine-In lane. About five empty spaces in the parking lot (half of it closed to store additional inventory). Walk right inside, served within 90 seconds, waited outside under propane heaters, and back in the car with our order in under 10 minutes.

I couldn't agree more....get off your lazy butt and go inside if you are in any kind of a hurry. But it sounds like somethings don't change--grilled onions on a double double are the bomb...Should I try the chopped chilis? I don't like lots of heat but I love the chili flavor. And yes--there is no helping those fries unless they put them through a second fry. There must be a way to order them that way although In & Out would hate if if that became a trend.

Originally Posted by BOB W
My double, double, animal style was incredible, as always!! I forgot to ask for the fries extra crispy, so they were barely warm, and not that good by the time I got back to the house. Very pale white and needed more time in the fryer.
That is the way the fries always are...skip the fries. I know it seems like with such a limited menu, you should be getting fries but they are awful. I might make a lot of money selling McD's fries to the people in the In& Out line.
FlyerEC and TGarza like this.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 3, 2021 at 6:31 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by corky
That is the way the fries always are...skip the fries. I know it seems like with such a limited menu, you should be getting fries but they are awful. I might make a lot of money selling McD's fries to the people in the In& Out line.
I'm not a fan of McDs fries, but they are WAY better than In-n-Out's. I too normally skip the fries, though I know several people who absolutely love them.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
Should I try the chopped chilis? I don't like lots of heat but I love the chili flavor.
Over the years, the range of heat of the chopped chiles on my burgers have ranged from "this has a pleasant kick" to "OMG". Proceed with caution.
corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.