Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by techgirl
It always sounds so dirty when I say I like the Double Double Animal Style... but its true.
But most things you say sound so dirty...
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yep... and apparently until recently, that was what they were. Old grocery in the red brick section of Camp Bowie (a couple of blocks from the house my dad grew up in). I can recall going there for burgers since I was knee-high.

I am also remembering another one -- was this a Kincaids or is my memory going? -- that was just off of 8th Ave.

(Not too far from the best down-home TexMex food -- Casa Linda -- and the best place for chicken fried steak -- Masseys)
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:17 pm

Best burgers and fries in the world: The Barn on Wyckoff, NJ.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I am also remembering another one -- was this a Kincaids or is my memory going? -- that was just off of 8th Ave.

(Not too far from the best down-home TexMex food -- Casa Linda -- and the best place for chicken fried steak -- Masseys)
Not Kincaids... trying to remember the name of the place you are talking about because it isn't there any longer.

I used to love going to the burger place on Berry Street (about a block east of University) for burgers and shakes. Old drive-in but I can't remember the name. When I was little, we bought my ballet shoes at Mehl's Shoeland and always went there for lunch after.

(On a non-burger Fort Worth note, I'm in HEAVEN living in Coppell because the original owners of Mama's sold a franchise location to a family over here who operates out of a strip mall with the original Mama's recipes. I love being able to get my cheesestick fix whenever I want!)
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

....I used to love going to the burger place on Berry Street (about a block east of University) for burgers and shakes. Old drive-in but I can't remember the name....

The Merry-Go-Round.

Great hamburgers and shakes.

Now (or at least when I was there last) the site of a Jack-In-the-Box

When attending TCU, we used to go to the El Chico a block west of the Merry Go Round; at that time you got all chips and corn tortillas you could eat with any "entree." A $.99 cup of chili, a glass of water, mega chips and tortillas was a great (not for the restaurant!) student supper.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Yes, it is now a Jack in the Box. Actually, you wouldn't recognize Berry Street at all these days save for Paschal still being there.

Another place in that neighborhood I have always liked is Jon's Grille on University... always a great place for a good sandwich. We used to stop there before going to Flash to shop for party pics.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:49 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
As they say in their commercial they do not have freezers so everything is fresh. The lettuce and tomato are freshly cut and many people do not like their fries because they are use to the crap the other places serve that is frozen and full of preservatives and not entirely real potatoes. INO use a potatoe cutter and just throw the fries directly into fryer.

SOT

I was in a bar the other day and a woman ordered nachos. She told the server that the chips tasted weird. The server asked how do they taste weird. The woman replied that they didn't taste like the store bought kind. The server said no our torillas are made fresh daily from cut corn tortillas and the woman replied, "yeah, thats weird." I guess she is use to the crap at Taco Bell.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:51 pm

No one asked my permission for them to change Berry Street (I lived my senior year in college in a duplex three houses off of Berry Street).

But back on topic.....

28 more days until In-N-Out.

Two things I miss here, food-wise: In-N-Out and good Mexican food (particularly TexMex). I am going to try to sate both appetities while in Nevada and Arizona for a week!

And a Navajo Taco or two.....
Old Apr 3, 2005, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be having In-N-Out for dinner tomorrow night.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

INO is great at LAX because there is *great* planespotting to be had at the Sepulveda location... I always go there when I have a few hours at LAX! Also, INO is simple and fresh.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
INO is great at LAX because there is *great* planespotting to be had at the Sepulveda location... I always go there when I have a few hours at LAX! Also, INO is simple and fresh.
Awesome spotting location! This thread is making me think (as I was mentioning to another FTer a couple days ago) I need to book a trip to SoCal soon...
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:32 pm

I'll be having In-N-Out for dinner tomorrow night.
You're baaaaaad.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:27 am
IJK

Originally Posted by cblaisd
The Merry-Go-Round.

Great hamburgers and shakes.
Everybody seems to have overlooked the *real* reason to go to IN-N-OUT
Burger... the shakes !

Actual real milkshakes, the old-fashioned way.

Buy one and let it sit (if you can!) and compare it to any other shake left
to sit...

Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:08 pm

For a $5.00 In-N-Out Coupon
Old Apr 5, 2005, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
I remember a chain called Rudy's Steakburgers that used to be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.