Reload this Page >

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "In-N-Out Burger" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by techgirl
Love In-N-Out but the best burgers anywhere are made by Kincaids.
Is this the same Kincaids that started out as a small local grocery in Ft. Worth that sold a few burgers? I grew up with those. Yum! ^
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
My cousin is flying into town tomorrow and is not eating meat on Fridays for Orthodox Lent. I think I'll stop at In-N-Out on the way to the airport so the car has that nice aroma.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
That would be such a kindness. ^
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
My cousin is flying into town tomorrow and is not eating meat on Fridays for Orthodox Lent. I think I'll stop at In-N-Out on the way to the airport so the car has that nice aroma.
Order it "animal style" with raw onions, in addition to the grilled ones. Now, that will be an aroma your car will never forget.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Originally Posted by techgirl
Love In-N-Out but the best burgers anywhere are made by Kincaids.

Once a one-joint establishment, they are now opening one about five minutes from DFW so I know where I will be dragging all my friends who connect through here to go eat there.
Where? When? May DFW DO?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is this the same Kincaids that started out as a small local grocery in Ft. Worth that sold a few burgers? I grew up with those. Yum! ^
Yep... and apparently until recently, that was what they were. Old grocery in the red brick section of Camp Bowie (a couple of blocks from the house my dad grew up in). I can recall going there for burgers since I was knee-high.

I was driving to Southlake Town Center the other day and noticed one going in on that road (not 26... the other one off 114).

boilermaker... we might have to do a "lunch" do. Not sure about this location when it ends up opening, but the one in Fort Worth is a "daytime" establishment only.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I love it when hooligans steal the B and the second R from their sign.

It's still funny after all these years... I guess I'm just easily amused.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Order it "animal style" with raw onions, in addition to the grilled ones. Now, that will be an aroma your car will never forget.
We usually get them "animal-style" as well. Not a big fan of In-N-Out but stop by every few months when a visitor to So. Cal. just HAS to eat there.
BTW, about 75% of their business is drive-through.
I've always wondered how the Hell someone can eat on of those honkers while driving down the freeway...??
And if you're just taking them home, they're cold and soggy long before you get there.
Gotta eat 'em on a bench outside the restaurant while they're fresh and hot IMO.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:03 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Cool

Originally Posted by Cholula
Gotta eat 'em on a bench outside the restaurant while they're fresh and hot IMO.
And at the LAX location, use the benches/tables out by the street (where the overflow parking was during Parking Spot construction) for optimum plane-spotting!

Another great burger in LA can be found at Gladstone's "in Malibu" which is of course a great seafood restaurant, but also has a nice burger with a nice view.

If in Yakima, I can recommend the Miner Burger which is due east of the YKM terminal.

And in Canada, with locations at YVR and YYC, be sure to check out a Harvey Burger (along with a side of Poutine, of course!)
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:14 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Talking

Here's the whole "secret menu":

http://www.in-n-out.com/html/frm_secretmenu.html

although I happen to know that the 4x4 is not the highest amount of meat one can order (think 10x10).

Another way to torment your Lenten friend would be to arrange for this vehicle to pick him up:

http://www.in-n-out.com/html/frm_b5.html
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:16 am
GG

Burger it, now I'm hungry.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:17 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Best burger anywhere is The Apple Pan. Great fries and pies, as well. Nothing at In-n-out Burger comes even close to the "Pan's Hickory Burger and Fries. http://www.frommers.com/destinations...es/D40913.html
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
It always sounds so dirty when I say I like the Double Double Animal Style... but its true.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Best burger anywhere is The Apple Pan. Great fries and pies, as well. Nothing at In-n-out Burger comes even close to the "Pan's Hickory Burger and Fries. http://www.frommers.com/destinations...es/D40913.html
I tried The Apple Pan when I was in LA a couple of years ago. The burger was good, but not spectacular (I think the original Hackney's location in suburban Chicago is just as good, and I know there has to be better than that.) But the pie was excellent - I would drive there just for pie the next time I'm there.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by HeHateY
And at the LAX location, use the benches/tables out by the street (where the overflow parking was during Parking Spot construction) for optimum plane-spotting!...
^^^ That's the draw of INO for me (only been to that location)! ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.