Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Looking for dried Egg white powder

Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Hello,
Does anyone know where I can buy the egg white powder in San Francisco / Bay area. I have checked Safeway, Lucky, Nob Hill,Smart & Final, Costco, but none of these store carry egg white powder .

In the past I use to buy DEB EL Just Whites ( 100% dried egg white ) at any grocery store, but I can no longer see it sell in the grocery store any more.

If anyone know which grocery store in the Bay area ( San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland ect.), please let share . Thank you
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Amazon has them. I buy most hard to find items online now. It beats searching all over town.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Trader Joe's. Look near the nutritional supplements/bath and body products. Great price compared to Amazon.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:32 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
What are you using it for? Egg white powder is basically pure protein, right? Buy some of that whey / protein mix that people at the gym use -- I've seen some pretty non-adulterated kinds (which are clumpy / hard to mix) but maybe that suits what you want it for?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:51 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Have you checked somewhere like Michael's or Party City in the cake decorating section? Sometimes they will stock powdered whites; they definitely will stock meringue powder, which is mostly powdered whites. Depending on what you need it for, it may work (it's designed for meringues and royal icing, though, so the additions may be problematic for other applications).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by TA
What are you using it for? Egg white powder is basically pure protein, right? Buy some of that whey / protein mix that people at the gym use -- I've seen some pretty non-adulterated kinds (which are clumpy / hard to mix) but maybe that suits what you want it for?
It's popular to use in smoothies if you're dairy-free. It's also a common ingredient in cocktails that are intended to be frothy.
NoTravelIsFree likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:18 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
It's popular to use in smoothies if you're dairy-free. It's also a common ingredient in cocktails that are intended to be frothy.
I'd think the meringue powder option would work for cocktails, unless you pick up on the added cornstarch (unlike flour, I don't find cornstarch to impart much flavor, FWIW).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
It makes making a Ramos Gin Fizz ALOT easier than using raw whites that's for sure ;-)
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Hello,
Does anyone know where I can buy the egg white powder in San Francisco / Bay area. I have checked Safeway, Lucky, Nob Hill,Smart & Final, Costco, but none of these store carry egg white powder .

In the past I use to buy DEB EL Just Whites ( 100% dried egg white ) at any grocery store, but I can no longer see it sell in the grocery store any more.

If anyone know which grocery store in the Bay area ( San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland ect.), please let share . Thank you
In the past I have bought it at Draeger's or Molly Stone's, but that was a few years ago.

As for what it's used for, it's commonly used in gluten-free baking.

UPDATE: there is conflicting info on the web as to whether or not the Deb El product was discontinued. You can email them at [email protected] and ask if you want that specific brand.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Jan 21, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.