Quick breakfasts?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

breakfast meats, including things like chorizo

sausage biscuits, with cheese, spices/sauces, etc
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA
I like that microwaved scrambled egg idea a lot. Thanks for posting the instructions, oofta! Thanks also Willie for posting your breakfast burrito goop recipe again; I've been meaning to try that but lost it. Might try quiche cups too.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another one I do is a vegetable hash and eggs. I make up the hash on the weekends and then just heat up in the microwave. I'll then microwave an egg to go on top.

For the hash, I usually sauté a combination of onions, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and butternut squash (or whatever vegetables look good that weekend). If I want meat, I'll add smoked sausage or bulk sausage.

For the egg, I do a poached style instead of scrambling:

Grease a coffee cup, and then sprinkle a pinch of salt in the bottom.
Crack an egg in the cup, and then poke the yolk with a fork.

Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a gap on one side as a vent.

Microwave for 30 seconds.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cubbie
I like that microwaved scrambled egg idea a lot. Thanks for posting the instructions, oofta!
I do the microwaved scrambled eggs a lot. Sometimes I'll even do that for dinner after a run or some time when I want a protein rich meal.

For breakfast, 90% of the time I just have a greek yogurt. I buy the boxes of Chobani at Costco, dump them in the fridge and grab one on my way to work. I also like those frozen breakfast sandwiches, such as Jimmy Dean Delights, if I want something a bit heavier than a yogurt.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My quick breakfasts are lunch-style food. Sliced meats and cheeses. Often a few pieces of bread to make it a sandwich. A handful of nuts. A dish of sliced fruit. Occasionally a protein bar if I need to prepare breakfast really fast.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
. I also like those frozen breakfast sandwiches, such as Jimmy Dean Delights, if I want something a bit heavier than a yogurt.
Well, I am quite relieved to hear you say that first, so I too can confess an occasional fondness for a Jimmy Dean's breakfast biscuit or croissant sandwich. I used to have to keep them on hand at all times for my stepson, but they were for him and I hardly ever ate them myself. Now I can. They're cheaper at Costco, by the way, than in regular grocery stores.

Last edited by cubbie; Sep 21, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I do the microwaved scrambled eggs a lot. Sometimes I'll even do that for dinner after a run or some time when I want a protein rich meal.

For breakfast, 90% of the time I just have a greek yogurt. I buy the boxes of Chobani at Costco, dump them in the fridge and grab one on my way to work. I also like those frozen breakfast sandwiches, such as Jimmy Dean Delights, if I want something a bit heavier than a yogurt.
Freezer space is at a premium here, otherwise I'd opt for sandwiches like that.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cubbie
...They're cheaper at Costco, by the way, than in regular grocery stores.
I was at Costco today and they have a $3 discount on the regular Jimmy Dean croissant sandwiches (which are delicious but not super healthy ), but not the healthier JD Delight flatbread sandwiches. I don't have room in my freezer right now for a box anyway so I just picked up the bag of frozen mixed berries for my smoothies.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:57 pm

Making a fruit salad for breakfast to enjoy through week is wonderful. Combine apples, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, kiwis, and sprinkle cinnamon on top. This meal would last throughout the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.