Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meat lasagna: with or without spinach?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Yes.. I agree.. Spinach can be an integral ingredient to Veggie Lasagna..

I'm wondering if Spinach is indeed a major ingredient in Meat Lasagna in the US? Because in Canada, I don't eat at establishments that do serve Spinach in its' Meat Lasagna.. nor have I frequented establishments in the States that do so neither..
I don't think it is. I think Mr. Kipper is just wrong about spinach being in meat lasagna.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
I don't think it is. I think Mr. Kipper is just wrong about spinach being in meat lasagna.
For a sec.. I thought I was eating a substandard restaurants.. who should be adding Spinach onto their meat lasagna.. and don't.. even though its some sort of regional acceptance requirement..

Its good to know, that I'm not missing the boat when eating at Italian establishments..
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:19 am
Original Poster

For a sec.. I thought I was eating a substandard restaurants.. who should be adding Spinach onto their meat lasagna.. and don't.. even though its some sort of regional acceptance requirement..

Its good to know, that I'm not missing the boat when eating at Italian establishments..
LOL, nope, not in my experiences.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: Skyteam
With!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I personally do not prefer spinach in meaty lasagna. Though I do love spinach mixed in with cheese such as veggie lasagna.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:52 pm

Location: Living near OKC, but my home and heart lie near MDT
Programs: UA
Perhaps I'm a bit biased from memories of my mother's homemade lasagna, but spinach in meat lasagna? No thank you.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Brings back memories of Popeye and Garfield..

Spinach makes you strong.. just squeeze the spinach can!.. and eat that lasagna..
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That's funny, huh? Garfield loved to eat Lasagna. He ate it whole lasagna. That's too much!!

He is fat cats, huh?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:38 am
uk1
Suspended

Spinach makes you strong.. just squeeze the spinach can!.. and eat that lasagna..
But it was always intended this way ..... don't forget that alongside Popeye was always Olive Oil!! So I guess Lasagne was always the cunning plan.

No spinach. To me it only changes the colour and has relatively little impact on taste.

I know that this is sacrilege. But I've given up on the lasagne palaver. I mix cooked fettucine with my sofrito/tomato/meat sauce and cover it with a layer of very cheesy bechemel and then bake. Terrible I know but I prefer a mix that contains red leicester. We much prefer this to lasagne even though I know it isn't.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by uk1
But it was always intended this way ..... don't forget that alongside Popeye was always Olive Oil!! So I guess Lasagne was always the cunning plan.

No spinach. To me it only changes the colour and has relatively little impact on taste.

I know that this is sacrilege. But I've given up on the lasagne palaver. I mix cooked fettucine with my sofrito/tomato/meat sauce and cover it with a layer of very cheesy bechemel and then bake. Terrible I know but I prefer a mix that contains red leicester. We much prefer this to lasagne even though I know it isn't.
Well, it's baked pasta isn't it? So if you like it, and you're happy, it's just as good!

Damnit, I need to avoid this forum. Getting hungry already.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Well, it's baked pasta isn't it? So if you like it, and you're happy, it's just as good!

Damnit, I need to avoid this forum. Getting hungry already.
So am I, and I still have another two hours until lunch!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:39 am
uk1
Suspended

So am I, and I still have another two hours until lunch!
Oh dear ..... I feel sorry for anyone who has to carefully schedule lunch. It's starts shortly after one gets up and starts to think about it ..... and extends to sometime after the last coffee and before one slumps.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uk1
Oh dear ..... I feel sorry for anyone who has to carefully schedule lunch. It's starts shortly after one gets up and starts to think about it ..... and extends to sometime after the last coffee and before one slumps.
LOL, I'm meeting Mr. Kipper for lunch. It's our standard Friday lunch date. He usually doesn't work on Fridays, so he meets me for lunch. It's our way of taking a little "us" time on otherwise crazy days.

Today, I'll go back to work, he'll go run a few errands, including picking up baseball tickets, and then will go to an dentist appointment, and after that, he'll stop at home, grab a few things, and head to visit with his parents until tomorrow evening.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by N830MH
That's funny, huh? Garfield loved to eat Lasagna. He ate it whole lasagna. That's too much!!

He is fat cats, huh?
Good thing Garfield is a cartoon character.. would have set a world record the way Garfield sometimes downs the pasta..

Originally Posted by uk1

LOL!

Forgot about Olive Oil.. I always thought Popeye was a cartoon character created to teach kids to eat Spinach..
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:16 am
uk1
Suspended

LOL, I'm meeting Mr. Kipper for lunch. It's our standard Friday lunch date. He usually doesn't work on Fridays, so he meets me for lunch. It's our way of taking a little "us" time on otherwise crazy days.

Today, I'll go back to work, he'll go run a few errands, including picking up baseball tickets, and then will go to an dentist appointment, and after that, he'll stop at home, grab a few things, and head to visit with his parents until tomorrow evening.
Almost a perfect day .... but it needs work. It's a shame that so many other things cluttered up his and your day - that sensibly had lunch at the center of it.

Forget about making a shrine to breakfast. Dinner is for sissies who pretend to work during the day. Lunch is what all of life is about. It can if you plan it well - it can extend from darkness to darkness and fill the day.

The only thing that stopped it today was cricket. But that's ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.