Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Yesterday, we put a nice dent into the case of Fort Point Villager and KSA I bought a few weeks back. Good beers.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Goose Island IPA
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Ballast Point Mocha Marlin Winter Release
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by onobond
Ballast Point Mocha Marlin Winter Release
Have you drunk it? I’ve enjoyed the Ballast Point IPAs I’ve had. I wonder how they do with something different.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol

Have you drunk it? I’ve enjoyed the Ballast Point IPAs I’ve had. I wonder how they do with something different.
Will return with a report, bought for a beer night Tuesday. The reasons I wanted to try it out are that my experience of their IPAs are the same as yours, plus I really enjoy a powerful stout every now and then
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:01 pm

In my fridge

Prairie Bomb
Last Stand Citra IPA Growlers
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
In SF for a few days:

Haze of our Lives IPA -- Alvarado Street Brewery (beer of the week until I came across the Pliny below)
Kook Pizza Port Solana Beach DIPA
Animal - Fort Point Beer Company
Pliny the Elder (on draft in SF proper -- was not expecting that on this trip)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
In SF for a few days:

Haze of our Lives IPA -- Alvarado Street Brewery (beer of the week until I came across the Pliny below)
Kook Pizza Port Solana Beach DIPA
Animal - Fort Point Beer Company
Pliny the Elder (on draft in SF proper -- was not expecting that on this trip)
The week got better tonight -- found a place with the following on draft or in cans (Heady Topper):

Pliny the Younger (holy #&#+749@$)
Boneyard Notorious
Pizza Port Thruster
Altamount Maui 3x
Alvarado One Giant Leap
Heady Topper

All good but mostly floored and lucky on PtY -- was sitting in my hotel and remembered that it was released this week and found a place nearby with it on draft.

Also the fact I had Heady Topper and PTY at the same bar -- mind still spinning.
BamaVol likes this.

Last edited by Duke787; Feb 14, 2019 at 11:49 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, here's my report on Ballast Point Mocha Marlin Winter Release.

IMHO, supported by 4 of 5 guests this was more like coffee with stout. The last guy, an avid caffeinoholic, however, was lyric about it.
Think 4 parts Sierra Nevada Porter, 1 part Youngs Double Chocolate Stout and 2 shots of espresso in every bottle. The coffee taste was so dominating it almost blew the more subtle cacao taste away. ABV 6.0%%

The other Stout to try, recieved general approval. Despite being named Milk Stout Nitro, brewed by Left Hand Brewing Co. , this stout has a nice scent of coffee and clear, but not dominating tastes of both coffee and cacao. ABV 6.0% . I will return to this one.
exerda likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMHO, supported by 4 of 5 guests this was more like coffee with stout. The last guy, an avid caffeinoholic, however, was lyric about it.
Think 4 parts Sierra Nevada Porter, 1 part Youngs Double Chocolate Stout and 2 shots of espresso in every bottle. The coffee taste was so dominating it almost blew the more subtle cacao taste away. ABV 6.0%%

The other Stout to try, recieved general approval. Despite being named Milk Stout Nitro, brewed by Left Hand Brewing Co. , this stout has a nice scent of coffee and clear, but not dominating tastes of both coffee and cacao. ABV 6.0% . I will return to this one.
Thanks for the review. I've drunk far to many stouts and porters whose flavor was dominated by the addition of coffee. I like dark beers and I like coffee. But I like a lighter touch when it comes to mixing the two.

No milk stouts for this lactose intolerant beer lover.

Last edited by BamaVol; Feb 16, 2019 at 11:33 am
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Sounds heavenly to me.

Solid beer from a local brewery. Commonly on tap around here, and it's one of my go-to's when the rest of the draft selection is lacking.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Hit up the to-go cans from our local favorite bar (High Side Fairfax) and brought home 2 of Decadent's IPA "desserts": Blackberry Cream IPA and Mango Cream IPA. I haven't tried the Mango yet, but the Blackberry is very similar to their Blueberry which I had earlier this year: a solid hazy IPA, heavy on the fruit, but not a total juice bomb. My wife who dislikes most IPAs will drink Decadent's stuff...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A six pack of New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPA.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Brewhouse Pilsner. This Pilsner is brewed by Saskatoon-based Great Western Brewing Company and is my "go-to" brew as it's a great value and has a light, crisp taste. Why pay more when a solid beer delivers quality and value?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
A six pack of New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPA.
I enjoy that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.