Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Borg Brugghús Nr 30 Surtur (Sheep Dung Smoked). Seriously good despite the name if you like smoked beers. Not overwhelming, just a solid imperial stout.
I've had 2 smoked beers. a German and a domestic (US). Don't recall either brewery but the German one is occasionally found in bars that carry 200-300 different bottled beers. Neither was a stout. I'm intrigued. Not so much about the sheep dung, of course. Where does this beer originate?
Old May 7, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I've had 2 smoked beers. a German and a domestic (US). Don't recall either brewery but the German one is occasionally found in bars that carry 200-300 different bottled beers. Neither was a stout. I'm intrigued. Not so much about the sheep dung, of course. Where does this beer originate?
I'd be guessing the German one was a Schlenkerla, they are the ones who claim to have invented the style. The one I had was Icelandic - there seem to be a few bottle shops here in British Columbia that can bring in small amounts of their product now. I definitely recommend anything from Borg Brugghus - most of what I have had has been quite good.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I'd be guessing the German one was a Schlenkerla, they are the ones who claim to have invented the style. The one I had was Icelandic - there seem to be a few bottle shops here in British Columbia that can bring in small amounts of their product now. I definitely recommend anything from Borg Brugghus - most of what I have had has been quite good.
That's the one. Great with bbq pulled pork.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Being a friend of the standard Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, I was happy yesterday when treated with their special brew, Old Rasputin XIX Rye Wisky Barrel. Although with rather high alcohol content, 11.2% ABV, it was also packed with taste of coffee, roasted malt, cocoa and, unsurprisingly, bourbon. A great stout ^
Old May 8, 2018, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Estrella Damm.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:47 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by exerda
Aslin's "Daquari!" which is a sour IPA conditioned on strawberries and vanilla. Bought a 4-pack about 6 weeks ago. It's amazing how much the beer changes between when it was freshly-canned and 6 weeks later; when it was first canned, the hops and the added lactose dominated, with me wondering, "Where is the sour and where is the strawberry?" Tried another can today, and the strawberries were predominant, with the hops faded well back. I found it an improvement, but it could have also been the 92 degree heat here in the WAS area.
Did you try their genius kitchen? I've finally started making it down there and is my favorite Aslin yet by far.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale together with lamb BBQ. Went well together.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:37 pm

Negra Modelo. Gimme a dark beer over an IPA any day.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tcook052
Negra Modelo. Gimme a dark beer over an IPA any day.
You are a sick puppy, my friend. An IPA can be "dark" too. [Can you tell we're amigos?]
Old May 13, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sitting in the garden with some friends and a cooler with Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. A very nice, hoppy smell. Tasting hops, sweet fruits and a hint of citrus. Just what's needed on a warm day
Old May 13, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onobond
Sitting in the garden with some friends and a cooler with Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA. A very nice, hoppy smell. Tasting hops, sweet fruits and a hint of citrus. Just what's needed on a warm day
I love their annual holiday season ale. I'm going to look for this one.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love Fresh Squeezed IPA from Deschutes. Light for an IPA.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:33 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by philemer
I love Fresh Squeezed IPA from Deschutes. Light for an IPA.
I enjoy that one too.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:59 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DSI
Did you try their genius kitchen? I've finally started making it down there and is my favorite Aslin yet by far.
Yep; picked up a 4 pack. I've learned that my wife and I both like their stouts so well that even when they're selling them for $8/can, we'd best get at least 4 lest we horde the 2nd can forever...

I like their Mexican Hot Chocolate (comes out a couple of times a year IIRC) the best of their stouts, FWIW, but the Genius Kitchen was really nice. Coffee, chocolate, maple, nutella, and strawberry? Yes, please.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:34 pm

Brewhouse plus a few random Fosters & Bud Light supercans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.