Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:27 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
White Rascal by Avery Brewing
Boffo Brown Ale by Dark Horse Brewing
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Shiner Bock. I'm on a layover at DFW so it makes sense
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Singha. With Thai food of course.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Alley Kat Scona Gold ^
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
[...] I do not care for Italian beers.
In general I would second this sentiment, but a few months ago the wife and myself ate at an Italian place in Santa Barbara which we picked from threads here on FT. I had a bottle of Selle Del Diavolo, which they described as a "farmhouse ale," and enjoyed it very much. It was a hot day, we elected to go carless while visiting, and we'd walked a long way.

The waiter there, who said he was from the area the beer was imported from, also said the craft beer scene is rolling along in Italy, apparently taking their cue from the craft beer scene here in North America. The food was excellent, and we had a great meal.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:41 am

Pure blonde
Little creatures bright ale

Kornuburg blanc

Guinness Ireland brew

TITOS VODKA
Fireball cinnamon Whiskey

Extravagant days -
Royal Salute
Yamazaki 12,years
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
In general I would second this sentiment, but a few months ago the wife and myself ate at an Italian place in Santa Barbara which we picked from threads here on FT. I had a bottle of Selle Del Diavolo, which they described as a "farmhouse ale," and enjoyed it very much. It was a hot day, we elected to go carless while visiting, and we'd walked a long way.

The waiter there, who said he was from the area the beer was imported from, also said the craft beer scene is rolling along in Italy, apparently taking their cue from the craft beer scene here in North America. The food was excellent, and we had a great meal.
All I ever seem to find, including in Italy, is Peroni and Moretti. To me they are clones and first cousins of Budweiser. I always watch for new beers but with so much craft beer being produced domestically, it’s getting harder to find imports.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
All I ever seem to find, including in Italy, is Peroni and Moretti. To me they are clones and first cousins of Budweiser. I always watch for new beers but with so much craft beer being produced domestically, it’s getting harder to find imports.
I found a couple of micro brewpubs in Milan when I was there in January (I may have posted about them at the time). Venice was harder.

Anyway in the fridge thanks to a 50% clearance sale at the always overpriced local Safeway outlet (Randalls) I have a 6 pack of Abita Purple Haze and a 6 pack of a limited edition Real Ale of some variety, both for like $5 each.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I found a couple of micro brewpubs in Milan when I was there in January (I may have posted about them at the time). Venice was harder.

Anyway in the fridge thanks to a 50% clearance sale at the always overpriced local Safeway outlet (Randalls) I have a 6 pack of Abita Purple Haze and a 6 pack of a limited edition Real Ale of some variety, both for like $5 each.
Indeed there are good breweries in Italy—I enjoyed beers at Birra Artigianale di Qualità / Quality Craft Beer in Milan to follow krazykanuck's example—but the point is taken that good beer in Italy is not much distributed.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday we had lunch at Uncle Ernie's back deck overlooking the St. Andrew's marina. The beer selection is slim but they have a house brew, Miss Jessie’s Light Blue Brew, a blueberry flavored lager and I enjoyed two of them with my shrimp po' boy.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
We just picked up

Victory Sour Monkey, and
Odell Cutthroat Porter

Haven't tried the Victory yet. The Odell tastes exactly like a Guinness to me, which is a meh beer in my opinion. I'm slightly disappointed as I usually love most of Odell's beers.

Also had an 805 ^ at a restaurant the other night, which is a "can't go wrong" beer for me, and an Oskar Blues Fumble Brewski ^ at a restaurant while watching SNF last night
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lost
We just picked up

Victory Sour Monkey, and
Odell Cutthroat Porter
I like the Victory Sour Monkey quite a bit.

I'm quite excited that the place I go to for pint night on Monday today has tapped both the 2015 and 2016 vintages of Avery Rumpkin
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mango Wit from Proof.

I was shopping at the new Lucky's and decided to go the "sip and shop" route. There were 6 active taps and several other interesting options. This could become addictive. The price of a pint is $2.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mango Wit from Proof.

I was shopping at the new Lucky's and decided to go the "sip and shop" route. There were 6 active taps and several other interesting options. This could become addictive. The price of a pint is $2.
Again, I so need this grocery store in my life.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:48 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Allagash Tripel Ale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.