Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've been on antibiotics for 5 days, 2 more to go. No beer for me.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I've been on antibiotics for 5 days, 2 more to go. No beer for me.
I'm confused. Are you saying that the antibiotics prevent you from tasting the beer or are you saying that the antibiotics prevent you from getting a buzz from the beer?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Maybe it's an old wives' tale, but I've been told to avoid alcohol while on antibiotics. I've been bed/couch-ridden the majority of the time, so it's not like I need the extra calories.

I do have a four-pack of Innis & Gunn Rum Finish waiting for me in the fridge.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Picked up Zombie Dust today at Three Floyds. Bottled this morning!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Technically, Prosecco counts as carbonated but Champagne doesn't. Nor, for that matter, does Badoit.

And why on earth would booze with bubbles be described as "carbonated adult beverages"? I understand the need to use a euphemism for "adult movies" but can't for the life of me understand why a euphemism is needed for a drink.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Technically, Prosecco counts as carbonated but Champagne doesn't. Nor, for that matter, does Badoit.

And why on earth would booze with bubbles be described as "carbonated adult beverages"? I understand the need to use a euphemism for "adult movies" but can't for the life of me understand why a euphemism is needed for a drink.
I couldn't come up with a better name. I suppose I could have said Beer/Mead/Cider.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:44 am

I have been enjoying different local ciders on the east coast. The best are the simplest ones, for the other carbonation - search google " soda stream alcohol"
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For cider I normally choose Strongbow, but lately in the US I've found Stella Artois cidre to be pretty good. And in France I like the cidre from Breton.

If you can read French, this is a good Wiki.... https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cidre
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
For cider I normally choose Strongbow, but lately in the US I've found Stella Artois cidre to be pretty good. And in France I like the cidre from Breton.

If you can read French, this is a good Wiki.... https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cidre
I just finished the last of a Strongbow sixpack and it has been my favorite to date, although I'm just getting started with ciders. The local liquor stores carry a half dozen at most so I count on my local craft bars to bring in some I can't find in bottles.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I should have said that the Stella Cidre can be found at Target. At least the one I go to in Northern Virginia.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Most of the mass produced ciders are pretty bad. I'm happy enough if I can find Wyder's or Ace (widely available here in stores, sometimes available in bars, etc). Crispin is showing up in more places in these parts and that will be my first choice (on tap / bottle).

Otherwise, I'll try something local on tap, or a recommendation, or the last bottle I purchased (I picked up a bottle of something French on a warm fall day), the bottle shop owner had that "you'll love this" look in his face, and I did.

The range of "artisan" on tap ciders varies from delicious to undrinkable. Fortunately, most places will pour a sample before making the serious commitment of a pint. And you know how we all hate commitment here
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
My wife is a big fan of prosecco. We have a couple of bottles cooling in our wine/beer fridge.

I just bought and tried Bell's Best Brown Ale. I liked it quite a bit.

Also in the fridge, have a bottle left over of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (really good), a couple Shock Top Belgian Whites (bought for a party, figured it would appeal to the average beer drinker), and Two Brothers Wobble IPA.

Planning on picking up some Revolution Fistmas Ale and some other Christmas/winter seasonal beers that strike my fancy. Now if I could just find some Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan or Back 40 Naked Pig in Illinois...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
My wife is a big fan of prosecco. We have a couple of bottles cooling in our wine/beer fridge.

I just bought and tried Bell's Best Brown Ale. I liked it quite a bit.

Also in the fridge, have a bottle left over of Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (really good), a couple Shock Top Belgian Whites (bought for a party, figured it would appeal to the average beer drinker), and Two Brothers Wobble IPA.

Planning on picking up some Revolution Fistmas Ale and some other Christmas/winter seasonal beers that strike my fancy. Now if I could just find some Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan or Back 40 Naked Pig in Illinois...
Back 40 is in Gadsden, Al - about 25 miles from my old home in Anniston. Craft brewing exploded in Al after we left 7 or 8 years ago. I like Naked Pig myself. The good news is that it is already distributed here in Fl so don't give up hope.

I thought Lazy Magnolia was everywhere?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Bow Valley Lager
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
I'm sucking back on a White Rabbit dark ale. One of my locals had it on tap, but as per usual anything that isn't a pale ale gets flicked so now I keep a six pack of it in my fridge. I love a dark ale, although they're not really a session type beer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.