Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Kudos to SkyClub customer serivce!! Outstanding!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to SkyClub customer serivce!! Outstanding!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Kudos to SkyClub customer serivce!! Outstanding!

I had a few questions regarding SkyClub locations and their membership policies so I shot an email over to [email protected] thinking that it would probably just go unanswered as many customer service inquiries/complaints/comments/compliments do these days but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm simply stunned and quite refreshed at the response that I received! Within 24 hours I had a personalized response from an agent that answered each and every question with outstanding detail. She even included something along the lines of "Sorry I wasn't able to respond to you sooner, but I wanted to contact a team leader at that location to verify the information".

Sharp, courteous, knowledgeable; this is simply not what people have come to expect of customer service. It seems that now when one submits an inquiry, complaint, or comment they're greeting with an automated response to include "Do not reply" somewhere in the content. Not here, she actually wrote "Please let me know if you have any additional questions", and a reply is sent straight to her, not back to the general mailbox.

Perhaps all of you Medallion members are used to this kind of thing, but this is simply a first for me! I think United and Delta may be having a custody battle over me soon....

A+ Delta!!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:28 am

In four emails over ten years, I've experienced both ends of the spectrum.

Some questions are answered with impressive specificity by a 'caring' corporate spokesperson.

Others are a total rebuff and fairly impolite.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
The really sad part about the DL forum is that if this thread had been entitled SkyClub customer serivce YOU SUCK!! Crappy! there be 10 pages in this thread now.

Nice Job Delta
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Did they say anything about the cutbacks in snack offerings?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I too would have to say that the responses are erratic - not so much rude as non-responsive. There are times when they reply and then there are times when I get no response at all. Last week I tried to get a confirmation or denial about CO club access being extended till Jan - no reply in a week now.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
The really sad part about the DL forum is that if this thread had been entitled SkyClub customer serivce YOU SUCK!! Crappy! there be 10 pages in this thread now.

Nice Job Delta
It's been said that people are 10-1 more likely to write or call to complain than compliment, regardless of the service provider.

To put forth an "outstanding" anecdote is to court cynicism. Either the company is losing customers and desperate to regain lost loyalty, or the writer of the compliment is a plant.

I've had DL people move mountains to help me in a situation. Others act as though my problem is the only thing standing between them and their two-week vacation. When that occurs, I generally hang up and call the next human in line. A second opinion from Delta rewards almost every time.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LegalTender
...or the writer of the compliment is a plant..
What exactly are you insinuating...

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer

Nice Job Delta
You know, as I was hitting the "Post" button I thought about how I should've made the title, "Shocking response from SkyClub customer service!" It seems like people like to complain more than they like to give praise; I know that I'm certainly guilty of this.
Originally Posted by LegalTender
It's been said that people are 10-1 more likely to write or call to complain than compliment
Bingo!

Originally Posted by pmaddock
I too would have to say that the responses are erratic - not so much rude as non-responsive. There are times when they reply and then there are times when I get no response at all. Last week I tried to get a confirmation or denial about CO club access being extended till Jan - no reply in a week now.
From what I understand in the response, as of November 1st the NW lounges will be officially Delta SkyClubs and CO lounges will not be accessible. I'm sorry your experience has been hit-or-miss, but I was completely blown away by this as I haven't experienced this kind of service to an "off the street" customer in a long time and it rivals some service I've received from special lines, phone numbers, etc

---
While I think that one shouldn't necessarily be overly thankful for someone just doing their job properly, I like to ensure that those that shine are properly identified to their superiors.

However, I'm becoming increasingly surprised when I come across someone that actually does their job properly. This is simply because there are so many people that seem to just be along for the ride, particularly in customer service. Unfortunately, (purely assumption) customer service rarely hears anything from customers/clients unless something's gone wrong. I think that this leads to the employee having a feeling of non-fulfillment and therefore we get our crabby CSA's; they're just so tired of interacting and dealing with people, especially the rude ones, that they don't enjoy their job. Of course, this doesn't justify treating customers poorly.

Last edited by AerOklahoma; Sep 10, 2009 at 1:19 pm
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the Kind words. I know that the Delta employee that your are complimenting appreciates customers who notice great service, and then goes that extra mile to make it known.......priceless.......I know it because she mentioned it to me, her husband.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by macmac
Thanks for the Kind words. I know that the Delta employee that your are complimenting appreciates customers who notice great service, and then goes that extra mile to make it known.......priceless.......I know it because she mentioned it to me, her husband.
Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I sent a complaint about the reduction in amenities (and fake cheese) to the email listed below and a few hours later I received a very pleasant, detailed, directly addressing my issue reply.

While I don't like the decision that has been made (4-7PM only snacks, DL's non-healthy style items), I appreciate that I've been listened to and my subsequent suggestion has been heard. ^
Old Sep 12, 2009, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I sent a complaint about the reduction in amenities (and fake cheese) to the email listed below ...
What is the e-mail address? Do you have a CRC (... er, DSC) specific email address?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
What is the e-mail address? Do you have a CRC (... er, DSC) specific email address?
If you want to send email feedback or comments about the Delta SkyClub, the email address is [email protected]
Old Sep 12, 2009, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by macmac
What a small world! I'm glad she appreciated the praise; I certainly appreciated her top notch skill and knowledge!

Again, welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.