Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
Me: PM, 70K MQM YTD, TUS based, got 10K

Wife: GM, 10K MQM YTD, TUS based, got 10K
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
As a DL silver (gold last year) and 2 segments this year (paid F) I received 10,000 miles. And now I am 2,000 miles short of silver

As a NW Pltm (pltm last year) and 82 segments this year ( M and higher) I received 10,000 miles.

So 20,000 additional miles is a great surprise.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
nothing here.....I still wonder if they are combining nw and dl eqm's to count to dl elite in 10-11
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
received 10k this morning, had 49,712 mqm's before the bonus and now, 59,712 after the bonus

BOS Based gold, with Amex Gold CC

Membership Level: Gold Medallion
Crown Room Club® Member
Medallion® Qualification Miles (Year to date): 59712
Medallion® Qualification Segments (Year to date): 31
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
Just checked my account after a co-worker mentioned 10K.

I received 15,000 MQM listed as:

9M GIFT MQM 15

Also grateful, after my 9pm flight from ATL to LGA took off at 3.30am
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Platinum
15k MQM for me as well.

BOS based, 173k MQMs YTD, all travel on Delta except for one flight on CO (credited to Delta).
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
MQMs To Jump-Start Your 2010 Status

Dear AndyTLe,

A jump start can be the perfect beginning.

That's why we're excited to provide you with 10,000 complimentary Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) — which already have been deposited into your SkyMiles account — to help you requalify for Medallion status in 2010.

We understand your ability to travel is more restricted this year, due to the economy and other factors, but we hope you'll continue to fly with us and enjoy your Medallion status benefits while continuing to add even more Medallion Qualification Miles to your balance.

Our merger with Northwest Airlines® has created the world's largest carrier, serving almost 400 destinations in more than 65 countries on six continents, including new routes to Johannesburg, Sydney, Saigon and beyond. And, our industry-leading frequent flyer program complements our vast flight network. Medallion members like you are rewarded with premium perks, including complimentary domestic upgrades, frequent traveler security line access, special check-in privileges, waived baggage fees, preferred seating, priority boarding and discounted Delta Sky Club™ membership. Plus, new Medallion benefits are on the way in 2010.

Put your MQM jump start to good use and book a Delta flight today.

We look forward to serving you soon.

You're the reason we fly,

J. W. Robertson
Vice President - Loyalty Programs

Terms & Conditions
All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits, respectively. Complimentary upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Dear AndyTLe,
We understand your ability to travel is more restricted this year, due to the economy and other factors, but we hope you'll continue to fly with us and enjoy your Medallion status benefits while continuing to add even more Medallion Qualification Miles to your balance.
Andy, you're fast.
Just got the same e-mail with a heading stating this is to help me requalify for Platinum Medallion status in 2010.

As far as the posters who already have over 150k and received gift MQM's, maybe it's either to get them closer to a very high 4th tier, or to get them to EP?

Programs: DL-GM, HH-Diamond, National - Exec Elite VIP
Exclamation Mystery MQM Solved! - sortof...

Take advantage of 5,000 MQMs to requalify for Medallion status in 2010.
Medallion Benefits

Dear Mr. %$^&%,

That's why we're excited to provide you with 5,000 complimentary Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) — which already have been deposited into your SkyMiles account — to help you requalify for Medallion status in 2010.

Our merger with Northwest Airlines® has created the world's largest carrier, serving almost 400 destinations in more than 65 countries on six continents, including new routes to Johannesburg, Sydney, Saigon and beyond. And, our industry-leading frequent flyer program complements our vast flight network. Medallion members like you are rewarded with premium perks, including complimentary domestic upgrades, frequent traveler security line access, special check-in privileges, waived baggage fees, preferred seating, priority boarding and discounted Delta Sky Club™ membership. Plus, new Medallion benefits are on the way in 2010.

J. W. Robertson

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Ah you folks beat me to it. I just got the "Jump Start" email, too.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Just got the same e-mail except replace 10,000 with 15,000. How many plats will DL have by the end of the year?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Dear AndyTLe,

That's why we're excited to provide you with 10,000 complimentary Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) — which already have been deposited into your SkyMiles account — to help you requalify for Medallion status in 2010.

J. W. Robertson

Terms & Conditions
All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits, respectively. Complimentary upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
Bold move. I wonder if the competition will follow.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: DL-DM, Marriott-Plat Premier, Starwood-Plat, Sky Club, NCR Exec
Just received the email from DL

J. W. Robertson

Now I wonder if this email was created based on outraged FT'ers who had no idea why they were not (or were) valuable...

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
4 year PM, 20k MQM to date, Plat AMEX -> 10k MQM
1 year FO, 12k MQM to date, -> 10k MQM

Thanks Delta! Just got the e-mail...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.