Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inaugural ATL-LAX-SYD 777LR Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by N830MH
You can look for more FTs meet will be there in LAX. They will wait for you at the gate. Just look for them. Make sure if you can take a pictures for me. Can you take a photos opportunity for the ceremony during inauguration flight tomorrow evening. I would loves to see it. I just want to hear all about your stories during entire trip.
Do you think they'll really have some kind of ceremony? Or maybe just some excessively chipper flight attendants... Maybe we'll end up with Deltalina on the flight. LOL
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, National Emarald Isle, several others...
Well my day starts at 6am tomorrow east coast time, so by the time we leave for SYD I will have been up a cool 19hrs. Good nite FT...
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
Ill be in 4C for ATL-LAX-SYD. so where officially are we all meeting up? The Skyclub? Or At the gate?

THEY BETTER have a celebration at ATL and LAX!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
looks like the flight is oversold by 7 in coach 2 seats open in BE.

over 100 people on standby
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyerboi17
Ill be in 4C for ATL-LAX-SYD. so where officially are we all meeting up? The Skyclub? Or At the gate?

THEY BETTER have a celebration at ATL and LAX!
This thread is definitely becoming more and more stalker-ish by the second... haha... Just Facebook me -- the link should be in my profile on here.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
looks like the flight is oversold by 7 in coach 2 seats open in BE.

over 100 people on standby
Hmmm. Let me find something for you.

Yep, You're absolutely correct! It is overbooked flight for everyday. There is no seat available for this time. I don't think another passengers will ever give up the volunteers to get more than $400 travel voucher.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hmmm. Let me find something for you.

Yep, You're absolutely correct! It is overbooked flight for everyday. There is no seat available for this time. I don't think another passengers will ever give up the volunteers to get more than $400 travel voucher.
Oh fabulous -- it's not even letting us check in online due to "visa requirements for your destination". But we already got the Australian ETA and everything... Gotta love Delta's brilliant IT. I guess people should get there early to make sure we get checked in and avoid being the last ones to check in that Delta forces to "volunteer"...
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SoCalLen
Oh fabulous -- it's not even letting us check in online due to "visa requirements for your destination". But we already got the Australian ETA and everything... Gotta love Delta's brilliant IT. I guess people should get there early to make sure we get checked in and avoid being the last ones to check in that Delta forces to "volunteer"...
No, you cannot check-in online. Because you are considering on international flight out of SYD. You need go to prior check-in counter before you can head to security/Immigrations. The agents will print out the BP and they will swipe the passports into the reservation.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by TTT
I think layble Although, looking at the UA and QF flights in recent days, many have taken in the 13-14 hour range and have had to leave LAX late so they didn't miss the end of curfew in SYD.

UA often delay their departure out of LAX so as to actually miss the end of the 6am curfew. Depending on the winds you may not take off until as late as 23.00 out of LAX.

Make sure you wave out the window as you fly in as I will have an eye out for the first arrival.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Aspen
Make sure you wave out the window as you fly in as I will have an eye out for the first arrival.
Where do you plan to spot? I'd like to get some shots as well...
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:09 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aspen
UA often delay their departure out of LAX so as to actually miss the end of the 6am curfew. Depending on the winds you may not take off until as late as 23.00 out of LAX.
That's what I was trying to say. And I couldn't remember if it was 5:30am r 6:00am. Thank you.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM
Two questions:

1) Anyone have a clue on loads for the 7/2 LAX-SYD. In 44A and 44C, not likely to volunteer, but one never knows.

2) What is service going to be in Y. Says dinner - I am sure there is more to it.

Thanks for your help. Have a great trip.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Two questions:

1) Anyone have a clue on loads for the 7/2 LAX-SYD. In 44A and 44C, not likely to volunteer, but one never knows.

2) What is service going to be in Y. Says dinner - I am sure there is more to it.

Thanks for your help. Have a great trip.
Per expertflyer..its ALL booked
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I don't get it. It's not an inaugural for a new plane. Why bother? It's not like its the A380 inaugural...that I understand...but to fly to SYD?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I don't get it. It's not an inaugural for a new plane. Why bother? It's not like its the A380 inaugural...that I understand...but to fly to SYD?
Adding another continent to DL's portfolio is kind of a big deal. Especially since you'll never see a Delta A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.