Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta 80k award ticket from LAX to KHI - $577 in taxes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

I was on the phone with the agent for 1/2 hr today going over the flights for an award ticket from LAX to KHI (Karachi, Pakistan) for travel in Nov'09.

I was told that I will have to pay standard miles for coach travel - 80k but taxes are $577

The flt is LAX - NRT - SIN - KHI
Return is KHI - LHE - SIN - LAX

I just can't believe the taxes can be this much! Are they messing something up or taxes are way higher than what they should be? I have checked return flights using same award code from LAX - DXB for only $45 in taxes.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Looks like they are routing you on Singapore Airlines- one of their partner airlines for awards. Many here would say it's worth the copay, but if you don't want to shell ou that much, ask them to try routing through Europe with KLM or Air France (check first to see if either fly to KHI). Those taxes should be ~$150 at most.

Also see if China airlines flies there.. that could work as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.