Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crew Competence on DL Connection Carriers

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Steph3n
yes I know this all, but it is still a fact and part of their history and intertwined. I am simply saying Colgan and Pinnacle are one in the same. which have a tight relationship with NW/DL and operate for other carriers as well.
It has no current relevance. Pinnacle is free to contract with anyone at this point, and Colgan has absolutely has no relationship with DL/NW. The insurance policy is an historical artifact.

Believe me, if there were any meaningful connection between the crash of CO 3407 & DL/NW, I'd have had it up on the Delta Sucks blog long ago; there's nothing there.
Old May 20, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
It has no current relevance. Pinnacle is free to contract with anyone at this point, and Colgan has absolutely has no relationship with DL/NW. The insurance policy is an historical artifact.

Believe me, if there were any meaningful connection between the crash of CO 3407 & DL/NW, I'd have had it up on the Delta Sucks blog long ago; there's nothing there.
Somehow I thought you'd still find some connection between Colagan and NW/DL.

Still promoting your own blog, eh?
Old May 24, 2009, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Reuters article on commuter airline safety

http://www.reuters.com/article/lates.../idUSN22361636
Old May 24, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred, AMEX Platinum, AMEX DL Platinum
Originally Posted by gte157q
tragic incident all around, but what gets me the most is the revelation in the latest news articles that the captain failed numerous checkrides and Colgan was unaware of all but one. I'm not a pilot but I would have figured there was more to the FAA qualification system than sheer "honor" system, although I suppose that's how pilots record their hours, etc. But wouldn't the pilot administering the checkride have some paperwork to turn in to the FAA? or is it just "hey man you failed, better luck next time, no harm no foul?"
i'm not a big fan of regional carriers; their planes are uncomfortable, but they are convenient at times. the pilots have always been pretty nice tho. im sure they have some sort of system set in place..

btw, gte157q- i'll recognize those characters anywhere.. 4 years was quite enough - although, those gte prefix years were before me.. i had a gtg prefix - as a fellow Georgia Tech, it's good to meet you! Ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by timhur7
btw, gte157q- i'll recognize those characters anywhere.. 4 years was quite enough - although, those gte prefix years were before me.. i had a gtg prefix - as a fellow Georgia Tech, it's good to meet you! Ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech!
Well, I suppose I am dating myself to confess I don't know the significance of either prefix. But I did pick up on the guy posting as George P. Burdell, and I still remember my campus box number and combination. Some things are just impossible to forget.

(ME 77)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.