FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew Competence on DL Connection Carriers
Old May 24, 2009, 9:56 pm
timhur7

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred, AMEX Platinum, AMEX DL Platinum
Originally Posted by gte157q
tragic incident all around, but what gets me the most is the revelation in the latest news articles that the captain failed numerous checkrides and Colgan was unaware of all but one. I'm not a pilot but I would have figured there was more to the FAA qualification system than sheer "honor" system, although I suppose that's how pilots record their hours, etc. But wouldn't the pilot administering the checkride have some paperwork to turn in to the FAA? or is it just "hey man you failed, better luck next time, no harm no foul?"
i'm not a big fan of regional carriers; their planes are uncomfortable, but they are convenient at times. the pilots have always been pretty nice tho. im sure they have some sort of system set in place..

btw, gte157q- i'll recognize those characters anywhere.. 4 years was quite enough - although, those gte prefix years were before me.. i had a gtg prefix - as a fellow Georgia Tech, it's good to meet you! Ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech!