Wiki Posts
Search

Delta PTV questions

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 2:15 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
BUMP..anyone?

Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
I have a flight upcoming in December (yes a long ways off stilll, however)

I was wondering, what is the timeline for installation of PTV's on the A320's?

My outbound leg is NW411/DL3583 MSP-CUN on 26 dec. and return leg on DL4194/NW412 on 10-jan.-2010.

Fyi, I'll be in First/Business I also have a tag flight STC-MSP-STC... wonderful Saab 340's and a QUICK flight from STC to MSP last time i flew STC-MSP the total time we were in the air was only about 20 minutes... its 62 miles
Old May 24, 2009, 3:34 am

Programs: Delta Air Lines
BUMP..anyone?
There are no plans to install AVOD in the narrowbody Airbus fleet (yet).

In short, bring a book.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:40 am

interesting, because on delta.com it says under the seat maps.. under the column. Video it says yes/// maybe they are using the dropdown screens? secondly, what about the wifi?

Originally Posted by N301DQ
There are no plans to install AVOD in the narrowbody Airbus fleet (yet).

In short, bring a book.
Old May 24, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
secondly, what about the wifi?
Wifi on the Airbus (or for that matter the NW fleet) won't come until (at the earliest) the second half/last quarter of this year. THey are just beginning the certification process for these planes.
Old May 24, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
The fleet list on delta.com is a bug. It says Video "Yes" for all Northwest planes including the DC9s. Wi-Fi is a definite possiblity by the time you fly, but keep in mind it will only work over the US. You'll lose it over the Gulf and Mexico. Check back in the fall (once Delta completes installation on their pre-merger fleet) and the timeline for Northwest pre-merger aircraft should be clearer.
Old May 24, 2009, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
BUMP..anyone?
I would think by that time that only a few A320 (if any at all) would have IFE by that time. Same thing for wifi. I'd see maybe no more than 10 of the A320 fleet could have IFE at that time, and maybe 15 for wifi. Yeah, some by then will be fully retrofitted (new seats, IFE, wifi, etc.) but not every plane will have it by then.
Old May 24, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
I would think by that time that only a few A320 (if any at all) would have IFE by that time. Same thing for wifi. I'd see maybe no more than 10 of the A320 fleet could have IFE at that time, and maybe 15 for wifi. Yeah, some by then will be fully retrofitted (new seats, IFE, wifi, etc.) but not every plane will have it by then.
And you base this projection on what, exactly? WiFi and IFE (AVOD) plans have not been announced for the NW fleet yet (although the project to outfit the narrowbody NW fleet is being studied).

Last edited by N301DQ; May 24, 2009 at 1:16 pm
Old May 24, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by N301DQ
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
And you base this projection on what, exactly? WiFi and IFE (AVOD) plans have not been announced for the NW fleet yet (although the project to outfit the narrowbody NW fleet is being studied).
It's not based on anything.. check the post history and you'll have a better idea of where it's coming from. I think you'll find the fleet projections particularly amusing.. Monopoly money and caviar dreams.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:28 pm

hmmmm... hopefully

I don't care if the Wifi only works while over the US and Canada. I'm fine with that. The flight is only about 4 hrs and 15 minutes, of which about 3 hours is over the us anyways, so I'm fine.. and besides I don't plan to use the net for the whole flight anyways (eating,chatting with my friend who will be with me or just relaxing.)

Last edited by BIMMERKID2; May 24, 2009 at 3:38 pm Reason: added some info
Old May 24, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
According to DL's official blog (http://blog.delta.com/2009/05/20/in-...inment-survey/), it isn't likely that DL will be retrofitting NW's 744s with AVOD in Y.

Something tells me that DL doesn't want to keep the 744s in the long run...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

You are an inquisitive young man.

1. Live TV (over mainland), CD music, Dl radio, some games, and flight tracker are free. Video on demand and movies are, I believe, $5.

2. Either one - swipe cc or give FA cash.

3. Seriously.

4. IME, it's inop about 10 percent of the time. You can ask the FA to reset your unit or row, but if that doesn't work, yep, no IFE for the entire flight (assuming it is full and you can't move). However, DL will often compensate you if you complain, usually with miles.

5. In the armrest.
So once we go past the California coast, the Live TV will suddenly stop working?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.