Search

DL 148/149 Y Availibility Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Well, seems ClipperDelta was right again^

I'm in the JFK CRC across from Gate 6 holding BE seats for myself and the lady, courtesy of DL^

Gotta love DL! I must say, this Trip to Rome / MR, tuned out quite well thus far.

Two RT T Fares to FCO, $950.
Three nights in the Hilton Rome Cavalieri Hotel, 180,000 Miles.
An OPUP on a T fare, MR, with Cavalieri Mialage Award, and a Non Medallion companion (yet), PRICELESS.

I'm a happy camper today.

Cheers All!
1. Did you check in online? Were you able to select seats then?
2. Did you ask about an OpUp at check-in at the airport?
3. Where were you handed BE boarding passes?

Congrats on the opup!

-RM
Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, DL
Angry

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
1. Did you check in online? Were you able to select seats then?
2. Did you ask about an OpUp at check-in at the airport?
3. Where were you handed BE boarding passes?

Congrats on the opup!

-RM
Did not check in online.
No seats were available for selection when I purchased the tix.
I did ask. Was told I had a good chance as the flight was oversold by 12. However, the process would be automatic.
Crc agent said if I were to be upgraded, it would happen about 1hr prior to departure, so to check back. Went to the crc counter at 4, they looked me up and said dl upgraded me and the lady.

Good stuff!

Edit: I Posted this reply from my IPhone while on the AC. Not sure why It has the "Angry" Face. Hope I didnt offend anyone!

Also, the return seems to be pretty full tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but know that an opup on both the outbound and return would be VERY unlikely...

Last edited by Denolloyd; Mar 28, 2009 at 3:09 pm
Old Mar 25, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
...and let us know about the return flight.

I recently had a strange experience at FCO. Flight was listed as oversold at OLCI (I had my seat assignment, though).

Lady at check-in was very nice, but when I went to talk to the ladies at the gate the story was very different.

Flight was delayed about one hour, so it is not like they were in any particular hurry.
I didn't want to ask "I'm platinum, can you upgrade me", but I went there and told them I had discovered my exit row seat was kind of noisy during the previous flight (true: FA bell) if they could give me another seat. They said couldn't give me anything else at the moment. Then I asked if flight was full (I was in the perfect situation for volunteering) and they said "No".

Just before boarding they called a few names (~7/8) and gave them BE passes. I could check two of them: an FO and a no-status. They also announced that everybody else not having a BP could go get their luggage back. Flight was oversold after all.

I felt screwed twice: didn't allow me to volunteer and gave opups to lower status.
Very different from past experiences in FCO: once I asked for 15C (the now departed pilot rest seat on 763, God bless it!), the GA smiled and said "we can do better than that for you" and upped me.

Anyway, while in my exit row seat, waiting for TO, a FA came by and said "Welcome on board Mr. Thesaints, we will be in the back. Just ask if you need anything". First time this ever happened to me.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Good work

Enjoy it! Take a walk at Via Tunnisi!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by thesaints
...and let us know about the return flight.

I recently had a strange experience at FCO. Flight was listed as oversold at OLCI (I had my seat assignment, though).

Lady at check-in was very nice, but when I went to talk to the ladies at the gate the story was very different.

Flight was delayed about one hour, so it is not like they were in any particular hurry.
I didn't want to ask "I'm platinum, can you upgrade me", but I went there and told them I had discovered my exit row seat was kind of noisy during the previous flight (true: FA bell) if they could give me another seat. They said couldn't give me anything else at the moment. Then I asked if flight was full (I was in the perfect situation for volunteering) and they said "No".

Just before boarding they called a few names (~7/8) and gave them BE passes. I could check two of them: an FO and a no-status. They also announced that everybody else not having a BP could go get their luggage back. Flight was oversold after all.

I felt screwed twice: didn't allow me to volunteer and gave opups to lower status.
Very different from past experiences in FCO: once I asked for 15C (the now departed pilot rest seat on 763, God bless it!), the GA smiled and said "we can do better than that for you" and upped me.

Anyway, while in my exit row seat, waiting for TO, a FA came by and said "Welcome on board Mr. Thesaints, we will be in the back. Just ask if you need anything". First time this ever happened to me.
I had a very similar experience today on the return. DL confirmed last night, the flight was oversold and BE seats were available. Upon checkin, I was told the flight was oversold by 6. Not a lot, but they would need to move people up if everyone showed up. Got to the gate, was told they already had me on their list to move up. I went to the lounge and returned when the AC was boarding. I went to the GA's whom told me they could not move me because the flight was full . Anyways, we took our seats in the back and off we went.

I still am very greateful that we were upgraded on the JFK-FCO leg. BE really helps on the overnight flights. As long as the GA's did their jobs correctly in FCO, I have no beef. The problem is, I don't believe they did.

Overall, happy with the trip^ (except for the Rome Cavalerie being severely overrated, but I will elaborate in the Hilton Honors Thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.