Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Delta Crown Room in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:02 pm
In Memoriam

I'd also suggest checking out downtown...

But if you must, I like the A center concorse CRC, usually quiet, spacious.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH - Gold, MR - Plat, IHG - Plat, UA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
It is a one VISIT pass not a one DAY pass, so you shouldn't have in and out privs. With 10 hours, I'd suggest taking MARTA into the city and exploring the city a bit (breakfast and lunch) instead of sitting in ATL for that long.
Just confirmed with CRC Services desk - Andy is correct - the pass is good for a 1 time entry. No in and out privileges. Also note - 1 visit passes are only good for the pass holder - you cannot bring in guests.

Safe travels!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:28 am
dtm

Programs: Delta, Amex
What is wrong with B10 CRC?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by dtm
What is wrong with B10 CRC?
Old, small, cramped, always packed with bodies... just not up to the level of other CRCs.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:38 am
dtm

Programs: Delta, Amex
So if I am travelling out of B concourse (B6) today, is it better to kill time in A? Which CRC in A is better/ closer to the central corridor? Thanks

Dan
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
There are 2 "B" concourse CRs. B-10 is very basic as has been noted; the CR at B-25 is very nice. My favorite are the Centerpoint CR on Concourse A and the on on "C". Enjoy!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Since you have so much time, the one on C concourse is newer and nicer.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KCnAtl
Just confirmed with CRC Services desk - Andy is correct - the pass is good for a 1 time entry. No in and out privileges. Also note - 1 visit passes are only good for the pass holder - you cannot bring in guests.

Safe travels!
Thank you everybody for the good advice!
If I can't convince CRC personnell to let me in and out, I don't think DL is going to see my $25.

Depending on weather conditions I might visit beautiful Atlanta. Have to find baggage lockers to store my stuff though.

Thanks again!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH - Gold, MR - Plat, IHG - Plat, UA
Originally Posted by thesaints
If I can't convince CRC personnell to let me in and out, I don't think DL is going to see my $25.

Depending on weather conditions I might visit beautiful Atlanta. Have to find baggage lockers to store my stuff though.

Thanks again!
There are no lockers in ATL.
There is a baggage storage facility in the south atrium terminal by Delta baggage claim. I don't know the terms or fees.

Here is a link:
http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Defau...nfo/gmpage.htm

Things to consider doing in ATL (accessible by MARTA):
Underground Atlanta - Open air market in downtown Shops, bistros etc. If the weather is nice, consider a Segway tour of Atlanta - $65 or so for 3 hours. I take out of town visitors on this tour all the time and they love it!
Centennial Park - Georgia Aquarium
Westin Peachtree Plaza - revolving restaurant on top of 70 story tower with awesome views of the city and surrounding areas. Pricey but the view is fantastic.
Buckhead - Lenox or Phipps Plaza malls. Plenty of decent restaurants in the area.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I would be very surprised if you can't convince CRC personnel to let you in and out of the same club. I wouldn't try to switch clubs though. CRC personnel are generally very accommodating, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't let you go get a bite to eat.

Also, consider posting on the CRC Meeting Thread. Maybe you can save your $25.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 3:33 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
I would be very surprised if you can't convince CRC personnel to let you in and out of the same club. I wouldn't try to switch clubs though. CRC personnel are generally very accommodating, and I can't imagine that they wouldn't let you go get a bite to eat.

Also, consider posting on the CRC Meeting Thread. Maybe you can save your $25.
That's my guess, too. They will have to "let you out" at some point to get something to eat since you can't bring food into the CRC. Even if you just wanted to take an aerobic walk around the airport, I can't imagine that they wouldn't let you back in as long as you let them know what you were up to. I agree the A Centerpoint or T concourse CRCs are the best. The desk agents are usually not swamped at those two and are always very nice.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KCnAtl

Safe travels!
Actually, at the CRC in conc. C they told me the pass is valid for an entire day in the same airport, so I can even change crown room, or have breakfast, use their lockers, visit ATL downtown and come back, which is what I did.

I had never been in the conc. C CRC. Very nice ! This is now my favourite in ATL!
Thank you everybody for the good advice.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Actually, at the CRC in conc. C they told me the pass is valid for an entire day in the same airport, so I can even change crown room, or have breakfast, use their lockers, visit ATL downtown and come back, which is what I did.

I had never been in the conc. C CRC. Very nice ! This is now my favourite in ATL!
Thank you everybody for the good advice.
Therein lies the problem, as DL had reduced the price to coincide with the change from a One-Day pass to One-Visit pass. It seems you get different answers from different CRC agents as I've heard others in ATL say that is only for a single visit.

The C CRC is the newest and definitely one of my favorites.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:02 pm

Best Delta Crown Room in ATL

Okay all fellow Crown Club members:

I recently became a member myself. I'm flying through Atlanta next week with a four hour layover . What's the best Crown Room Club?

I note that on the Delta website there's one with a "putting green".

What I'm looking for is the best room with nice and new "lounge-type" chairs and easy access to beverages - I don't like stingy beverage attendents/servers - hydration is important for me...

What's you r favorite Crown Room Club in Atlanta then? (5-6 to choose from)

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
The combined CO/NW club on D

However, you probably won't get in, so go to 'T' I don't know where the putting green is though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.