Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Delta Crown Room in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:06 am
Original Poster

ATL Crown Room -- Which is best?

Got a one-day pass to CRC. Have a 4 hour layover after an overnight flight from Hawaii. Which of the CRC's is best for breakast and snoozing?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
My favorite CRC's in ATL are the two on A concourse. One is at A-17 and the other is at the A Centerpoint, upstairs by the "Chili's Too". They are big and spacious, with lots of windows for observing traffic on the tarmac. E concourse is nice too. It's quiet and never crowded, but there's not much of an outside view.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM
I agree with SRQ, A-Centerpoint and E are my favorites. A-17, B-25, and B-10 can get real crowded during peak times. B-10 is also rather small.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
In the Days Of Plenty, CRC-E used to serve champagne. It wasn't openly displayed, but you could ask for it and be served.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 7:56 am
In Memoriam

For that purpose... centerpoint at A
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:17 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Centerpoint at A, then E, then T. Or, wherever Russ is working.

Breakfast is another matter. Unless you can make breakfast out of biscotti and snack mix, you are going to have to dine outside the CRC.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I didn't read the "breakfast clause" in your post originally. Definitely head to the A concourse food court, and grab a hot breakfast at Paschal's. Then, when finished, go upstairs to the A Centerpoint CRC to relax. That's what I'd do in yoru situation. Like Spiff said, you won't find an adequate breakfast in the CRC. With 4 hours to burn you have more than enough time to get some breakfast and still relax in the CRC.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:39 am

I seem to remember centerpoint having odd hours. May not be open on the weekends. I know it is not open Sunday evenings but I think the closures are more extensive than that. By the way how do you track down Russ. Never met the dude, but would like to take the time to thank him for his past contributions.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, folks! That is why I find this board so amusing--one can find lots of good advice on the most mundane question. I'll opt for Centerpoint! BTW, Centerpoint hours according to the website are 5a-9p, M-F, closed Sat/Sun.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 8:07 pm

Location: Nassau, Bahamas. ex EAL ET, 4MM. DL GM, MM. Co Silver.
A-centerpoint is the best. Large, comfy lots of nooks and crannies. Hard to find - 3rd floor. Quiet, good windows.
B-to the righ is tiny, crowded. C used to be EAL - no good. E CRC used to be 2 sections. To the right was Int'l FC with a bottle of bubblies always one ice. Done gone. Enjoy!
Old Jan 15, 2003, 3:58 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
wherever Russ is working.</font>
Ditto.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Russ used to be at B-10, then E. Not sure right now.

Bruce
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:56 pm

For avoiding crowds, I'd have to say the T concourse is the best. I've never seen it crowded. In fact, it always seems to be rather "empty". The worse has to be the one around gate B-9 (or so). It's way too small. The ceilings are low, and it always feels crowded.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:44 pm

Crown Room Pref at ATL

Hello,

I have an upcoming 4 hour early morning layover at ATL. It has been years since I have been there - which of the many CR's are best for a shower and some good rest in your opinion?

Thanks,

BZ
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I believe that the only CRC with a shower is in concourse E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.