Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Y, B, M Now Only Earn 100% MQM & Miles in 2009: Now Rescinded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Y, B, M Now Only Earn 100% MQM & Miles in 2009: Now Rescinded

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM; UA; AA
Got rebooked into Y today (misconnected). 150% RDM + 150% MQM are alive and kicking. The funny thing is in the calculation: the actual number of miles is odd, resulting in....

Miles: 509
Bonus Miles: 254
Total Miles: 763
MQM Earned: 764

Someone in the IT team out there went creative with a complicated mathematical procedure called rounding
Well, had it been the other way around (MQM = RDM - 1, not +1) -- then I would be pissed!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
YBM fares to only qualify for x1 MQM?

I'm pretty sure I recently saw this on my Million Miler welcome package. I haven't see others comment on it (maybe I haven't been paying attention). I threw away the package so I can't tell you I have it sitting in front of me, but I did double and triple takes and read it pretty carefully. I see nothing on delta.com that indicates this is changing for 2010. Bad news for me as I get a lot of MQMs from my YBM fares.

Again, apologies if this has been hashed to death in an earlier thread.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:55 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
It was either a typo or has been rescinded. I buy Y/B/M/A tickets and get 150% mileage. I have never NOT received it and most recently received it on 06/12/09. I hope that this clarifies the issue.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
It was either a typo or has been rescinded. I buy Y/B/M/A tickets and get 150% mileage. I have never NOT received it and most recently received it on 06/12/09. I hope that this clarifies the issue.
It was a typo for which DL apologized earlier this year. I just got re-booked into a Y fare on Friday night (ATL weather melt-down) and got 150% RDMs as well as MQMs.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Thanks, Evan! and RunawayNFly -- as I suspected, this was debated to death when I was out of the country and not FT-reading for awhile.

Still, it's odd that DL is still sending out the information with the typo!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by rhetor
Thanks, Evan! and RunawayNFly -- as I suspected, this was debated to death when I was out of the country and not FT-reading for awhile.

Still, it's odd that DL is still sending out the information with the typo!
I would bet anything that DL would send a correction if it was a mistake in our favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.