Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Y, B, M Now Only Earn 100% MQM & Miles in 2009: Now Rescinded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G

I too just got home to my PM renewal package. Big surprise and correct me if this has already been posted but...

According to my packet Y, B and M fares will no longer earn 150% MQM and Miles. For a guy that actually buys these fares and needs the multiplier to make the 75K MQMs each year, this is yet another kick in the b**ls.

Am I reading this wrong? Mods pinch me so I can wake up from a nightmare of SM changes.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by avflyer
I too just got home to my PM renewal package. Big surprise and correct me if this has already been posted but...

According to my packet Y, B and M fares will no longer earn 150% MQM and Miles. For a guy that actually buys these fares and needs the multiplier to make the 75K MQMs each year, this is yet another kick in the b**ls.

Am I reading this wrong? Mods pinch me so I can wake up from a nightmare of SM changes.
This can't be, Jeff said the bad news was over.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I'm hoping that is a typo. (The Minimum MQM for First/BE is 750 MQM and the brochure lists 500.) The website still has the 1.5 MQM for YBM.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
According to website, still 150%

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...elta/index.jsp
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
In NW World, Y and B earn 150% EQMs and 100% RDMs. M earns 100% EQMs and 100% RDMs. I find it highly unlikely that DL would pull that stunt. DL seems to be after ridding itself of "Riff Raff Elite." If that's the case, you actually need to make sure that the folks buying the high fares get the extra goodies.

Safe Travels.

Last edited by GTITAN; Jan 23, 2009 at 6:23 pm Reason: typo-clean up
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I noticed that right away, because most of my TATL flights are M fares. I have an upcoming trip in March in M/Z and it's still showing 150% MQMs.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:44 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I noticed that right away, because most of my TATL flights are M fares. I have an upcoming trip in March in M/Z and it's still showing 150% MQMs.
Do you really expect a free upgrade with your PMU and bonus miles for your fare class on a $2,500 ticket? You need to lower your expectations.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by ADLFO
This can't be, Jeff said the bad news was over.
That was yesterday. Today is a new beginning.

What's strange is that this removes an incentive to purchase higher fares, exactly the type of behavior they should want to reward.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:58 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
And here I was about to spend 1500USD more for an M fare transatlantic fare.

For me it's either T or M or I fly on the competitor.

The only thing which M had in making me buy one is the 150% mileage. Take that away and I see no particular incentive to buy such a fare (except for the PMU but even they are hard to use).

It seems DL are just throwing darts at a wall in hope of finding something which will go under the radar and (from their point of view) save a few bucks.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:52 pm

This would be very bad for those of us who buy Y-up fares.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
That was yesterday. Today is a new beginning.

What's strange is that this removes an incentive to purchase higher fares, exactly the type of behavior they should want to reward.
there could still be an incentive ... maybe lower fares will not earn 100% anymore

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 23, 2009 at 7:54 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:11 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by cfischer
there could still be an incentive ... maybe lower fares will not earn 100% anympore
Let's not give Delta ideas from the Flying Blue textbook...
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO, DL, US, AS, CO, BA, LH, SQ, WN
Originally Posted by avflyer

That is what my just-received package says, and that is what they mean.

Those executives at Delta are clearly intent on destroying their brand and their financial performance, while thinking that their size will save them. This is just the beginning because they have a couple of more surprises up their sleeves which have been discussed here.

This brand will go down in the books with Enron, A&P Food Stores, and W. T. Grant, as among the biggest failures in history due only to executive incompetence and disconnection from their market.

It is truly fascinating that this year the packages are received five weeks earlier than last year, indicating how insecure they are about all of this.

Their moves have caused the crowd intent on destroying them to grow exponentially every single day.

Until a couple of days ago I thought this was all just sad. Now, they have morphed it into being a whole lot of fun. All of their moves now rhyme perfectly, and whoever said that there will be a long matrix of mileage accrual rules based on fare basis was exactly correct.

We won't hear from Jeff again, trust me.

Last edited by NoPlaceLikeHome; Jan 23, 2009 at 7:41 pm
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I'm hoping that is a typo. (The Minimum MQM for First/BE is 750 MQM and the brochure lists 500.) The website still has the 1.5 MQM for YBM.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp
I still say this is a typographic error as the website still shows the 1.5 multiplier for Y, B, M. The F/BE MQM is still listed as 750 on the website too.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO, DL, US, AS, CO, BA, LH, SQ, WN
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I still say this is a typographic error as the website still shows the 1.5 multiplier for Y, B, M. The F/BE MQM is still listed as 750 on the website too.
That's only because it is not yet March 1st, their magical suicide date connected with the new Sky Miles elite year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.