Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Room / Business Lounge in LIM airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US AA UA DL
Crown Room / Business Lounge in LIM airport

Hello, Is there a Delta Crown Room or some type of Business Lounge in the Lima airport? I will be there in December for the 1:25 am flight.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
There is no crown room, but there are two shared lounges. Assuming you're a PM or flying in C, you'll have access to one of them (the first one on the left, NOT the nicer one at the end of the hall), which is comfortable but unremarkable (and a bit crowded at that hour), but they enforce a very strict no guest policy.

BTW, a search will turn up plenty of prior threads on LIM.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:26 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Hum...didn't realize that there was a ST lounge....none listed on delta.com co.com nor nwa.com
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Hum...didn't realize that there was a ST lounge....none listed on delta.com co.com nor nwa.com
It isn't a SkyTeam lounge---it's contracted. I've received invitations both in business and as a PM in Y (on DL and CO), though.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have Priority Pass so can use both. Ive read elsewhere on FT that the lounges are limited to one alcoholic drink per pax and then a charge is imposed for seconds. Is this true? Most intl lounges Ive been to are self-serve...are either of these different? Perhaps I should go to the one that DL does not use if it's better!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
We were in LIM in January. At checkin for the return, we were given passes to the lounge - first one on the left as mentioned above.

Definelty no charge or limits on drinks. The club was very crowded, but had a nice selection of snacks and beverages.

A club agent would walk to the center of the club every several minutes and make boarding announcements for various flights. It was amusing the first few times, but got old fast.

Just to the right as you enter the club, there was a room of work stations, a couple of which had PC's to use. There's another room with near flat seats/chairs - similar to what I've seen in the lounge corridor in AMS. Would appear to be a nice spot to grab a nap if desired.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the update...is this an airline-branded lounge? or an airport-operated one? Are the drinks self-serve?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks for the update...is this an airline-branded lounge? or an airport-operated one? Are the drinks self-serve?
It's a 3rd party contracted lounge - my best guess anyway... definetly not a lounge operated by any particular airline or alliance and I doubt that it is airport operated. I can't remember the name of it.

There was a staffed bar for adult beverages. Juice, coffee, etc is self serve.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Almost every airline (DL included) uses the SUMAQ Lounge, which is the first of the two VIP lounges.

It is operated on behalf of the the airlines by a third-party. It has plenty of top-shelf drinks (bartender), juice/snacks, PCs, etc.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
Almost every airline (DL included) uses the SUMAQ Lounge, which is the first of the two VIP lounges.

It is operated on behalf of the the airlines by a third-party. It has plenty of top-shelf drinks (bartender), juice/snacks, PCs, etc.
And does one get access to lounge when upgraded from coach to first (or now BE for that matter)?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You certainly do.
Old May 17, 2009, 1:54 am
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Yes or No to Lounge Access DL Plat/ST Elite+

Based on the last page of this thread, it seems like a DL Plat/ST Elite+ pax may not get access to any lounge in LIM.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tl-lima-8.html

Any other evidence to the contrary?

I am flying DL Y from ATL-LIM, arriving at 2020, and have a flight on TACA from LIM-CUZ at 0500 (in "Business Class"). I was hoping to be able to access the lounge without having to purchase priority pass...

Then again, it looks like the SUMAQ VIP Lounge is on the international side and would be unable to access it after customs. On Taca's Homepage, there is a VIP Lounge after customs, but I'm guessing Plat/ST Elite+ won't matter there...

Thoughts?

Last edited by Potay; May 17, 2009 at 2:20 am Reason: added info abt connecting flight
Old May 17, 2009, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eufto
Based on the last page of this thread, it seems like a DL Plat/ST Elite+ pax may not get access to any lounge in LIM.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tl-lima-8.html

Any other evidence to the contrary?

I am flying DL Y from ATL-LIM, arriving at 2020, and have a flight on TACA from LIM-CUZ at 0500 (in "Business Class"). I was hoping to be able to access the lounge without having to purchase priority pass...

Then again, it looks like the SUMAQ VIP Lounge is on the international side and would be unable to access it after customs. On Taca's Homepage, there is a VIP Lounge after customs, but I'm guessing Plat/ST Elite+ won't matter there...

Thoughts?
The lounges are next door to each other, but I would imagine that the ATL-LIM flight will deposit you landside after passing customs/immigration. Unfortunately, check-in for your CUZ flight wont begin until a few hours before departure. I dont think there is a way to stay airside...it seems LIM access is not provided for ST Elite Plus, but the lounges are not very exciting. Poor food offerings, bartenders that double as cleaning staff...but it's better than outside.
Old May 16, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The lounges are next door to each other, but I would imagine that the ATL-LIM flight will deposit you landside after passing customs/immigration. Unfortunately, check-in for your CUZ flight wont begin until a few hours before departure. I dont think there is a way to stay airside...it seems LIM access is not provided for ST Elite Plus, but the lounges are not very exciting. Poor food offerings, bartenders that double as cleaning staff...but it's better than outside.
I just booked ATL-LIM-ATL in business class award on DL.

It seems like I will have access to the lounge. But will I have access to either lounge? One has the shower (VIP) which I am interested in this one.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.