Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Shopping is New and Improved!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
SkyMiles Shopping is New and Improved!

Hello Mr. amps,
Introducing the NEW and improved SkyMilesShopping.com that now offers you more miles, more merchants, and more deals. Earn up to 10 miles per $1 spent at over 500 name brand merchants. Plus get special deals like FREE SHIPPING at 100's of merchants.

To deliver you all these great new features, every member will need to re-register. Just for re-registering, we will give you 250 bonus miles. Already Registered? You will still get 250 bonus miles.*
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM
So far I'm finding it not so new and improved, as I've yet to see any of my miles post (and they posted pretty quickly---within a week, usually---under the old system).
Old Sep 9, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by amps
Hello Mr. amps,
Introducing the NEW and improved SkyMilesShopping.com that now offers you more miles, more merchants, and more deals. Earn up to 10 miles per $1 spent at over 500 name brand merchants. Plus get special deals like FREE SHIPPING at 100's of merchants.

To deliver you all these great new features, every member will need to re-register. Just for re-registering, we will give you 250 bonus miles. Already Registered? You will still get 250 bonus miles.*
What does the small print associated with the "*" say?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
What does the small print associated with the "*" say?
*Please allow 24 weeks for base miles to be posted to your account. Please allow 26 weeks after the end of the promotion for the bonus miles to be processed and posted to your account. Bonus miles will apply to all new SkyMiles account registrations from August 21st 2008 September 30th, 2008. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Partners subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers subject to change without notice.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Sorry should have posted the small print.... it appears is bonus 250 for everybody.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by yamakake
So far I'm finding it not so new and improved, as I've yet to see any of my miles post (and they posted pretty quickly---within a week, usually---under the old system).
I agree. I have done a lot of online shopping and it seems to be taking forever for the miles to post. The "old system" was better IMO.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:15 pm

the site is really busy and it looks to me like a number of offers are worse than they were before. I used to get 4 miles for avon and now its only 2. barnesandnoble was 3 and now its 2. petco was 7 miles for $2, and now is only 2 for $1. Those are places I shopped at regularly in fact, i do a ton of christmas shopping at macys and its only 1 mile there now
Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by almostelite
the site is really busy and it looks to me like a number of offers are worse than they were before. I used to get 4 miles for avon and now its only 2. barnesandnoble was 3 and now its 2. petco was 7 miles for $2, and now is only 2 for $1. Those are places I shopped at regularly in fact, i do a ton of christmas shopping at macys and its only 1 mile there now
Yes, and as always, www.aadvantageeshopping.com seems to give more miles per purchase when similar retailers are compared.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA/CO Silver, MR Silver, Hyatt Silver, Starwood Silver
Hi,

Are any of you having problems when you click on the retailer's website from the Skymiles Shopping page it just says page cannot be found? I can seem to get most of them to work, including Target, Sears, Walmart, Kmart. I did get Overstock and Best Buy to load and purhcased a new Bose sound system but haven't gotten the miles posted yet.

UvaFlyer
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:30 am

Anyone have miles post yet?

Has anyone had miles post yet under the "new" SkyMiles Shopping program?

Agree with others that it is definitely taking longer than in the past.

I had to follow-up on my last purchase under the old system -- guess it might have been during the transition. Now I'm waiting on a purchase under the new system.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by aka Julie
Has anyone had miles post yet under the "new" SkyMiles Shopping program?

Agree with others that it is definitely taking longer than in the past.

I had to follow-up on my last purchase under the old system -- guess it might have been during the transition. Now I'm waiting on a purchase under the new system.
No. I have made several purchases online in the last several weeks and unfortunately, I have yet to see the miles post to my account. Under the old system, they posted within a couple days.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

I guess my intent for this thread was the bonus 250 miles and not neccessarily individual purchases and mileage postings. I hope most people did take the extra 250 though not worth much.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by amps
I guess my intent for this thread was the bonus 250 miles and not neccessarily individual purchases and mileage postings. I hope most people did take the extra 250 though not worth much.
Well according to your original post, it seems that everyone who is registered will get the 250 miles whether they re-register or not. I did initially try to re-register but it would not let me so I guess I can assume that I will get those miles anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Well according to your original post, it seems that everyone who is registered will get the 250 miles whether they re-register or not. I did initially try to re-register but it would not let me so I guess I can assume that I will get those miles anyway.
I took that to mean if you had already re-registered in the new SkyMiles Shopping by the time you got the e-mail which I had.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta, United
I wonder how much fuel the airlines would save if they removed every copy from every flight? There has to be at least 100lbs on average on each flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.