Community
Wiki Posts
Search

website improvements this week

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: DM/3MM
DeltaWebDev, do you know when the issue on Vista with multi-city bookings (whereby IE closes automatically) will be corrected? This was in another thread, but I can't locate it and it's probably better to consolidate the questions here.

Very glad you're here.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
if i loose my job for doing what i believe is the right thing to do, then so be it.
While I truly appreciate your postings and your honesty, I'm fairly sure that you're committing career suicide. I urge you to be careful and think very hard about what you're doing here.

Having said that, I do have a question...

Before the recent redesign of the "itineraries and check-in" interface, you could easily access all of your PNRs from one another. For example, if I was reviewing an upcoming itinerary, at the bottom (I think) of the screen I had a list of all my other upcoming PNRs, and I could click each of them to switch.

Now, if I select a PNR from the drop down list on the home page, once I'm on the next screen there's no way to see any other booking in my file, unless I refresh the homepage and start again. Is there a reason for this? I really miss the old functionality in this regard.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

widmerpool & nroscoe: all pages or just the confirmation page when using awards? i'm guessing all.

ADLFO: i can ask and let you know.
all award search pages.

Thanks again for being here and your proactivity. I hope with the collective knowledge here on FT we can be of help to you!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
ADLFO: i can ask and let you know.
Thanks DWD, you are the bomb diggety dot com.

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Does she have Medallion or SkyTeam Elite status?
No, but if she is sitting right next to me on the same record locator, shouldn't we be able to both board Breezeway. Honestly, it isn't a big issue, I have just been waiting to board with her. I just lose that sense of I'm cooler than the rest of you by not being able to board from the Breezeway. (Totally joking, please don't take me to the woodshed for a comment intended as humor.)
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ADLFO
No, but if she is sitting right next to me on the same record locator, shouldn't we be able to both board Breezeway. Honestly, it isn't a big issue, I have just been waiting to board with her.
She can board with you. Breezeway is for Delta and SkyTeam Elites, since she is not an Elite, it won't show on the BP. But you can take her with you during Breezeway boarding.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:06 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
She can board with you. Breezeway is for Delta and SkyTeam Elites, since she is not an Elite, it won't show on the BP. But you can take her with you during Breezeway boarding.
Is this stated DL policy? I just don't want to get in a situation where I tell her to board with me, then a fiesty GA tells us that I can go ahead but she'll have to wait for her zone. That would result in not only embarassment for her, but emotional and possible physical pain for me.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by ADLFO
Is this stated DL policy? I just don't want to get in a situation where I tell her to board with me, then a fiesty GA tells us that I can go ahead but she'll have to wait for her zone. That would result in not only embarassment for her, but emotional and possible physical pain for me.
that exact scenario happened to my wife. I'm FO and she is not and we were on our way back from ATL to LEX. We were on the same PNR so we got in the breezeway line and I boarded first. The GA stopped my wife and told her she would have to get in the other line...I think she was more upset with me than embarassed. I turned to the GA and said "she's with me"....the GA let her through with me.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

unfortunately that's really not me, nor is it what i believe is the right thing to do. so i came without asking permission, posted, and within 12 hours of starting this thread i'd already received numerous emails asking if i was "DeltaWebDev" to which i said yes. i've nothing to hide or be ashamed of with posts here.
Well, my main fear was that they (your superiors) would figure your identity quickly, and I guess that was a correct assumption. I certainly agree that while you may have nothing to hide or be ashamed of, in the corporate world, many things are designed to be "hidden" or "spun" in certain ways. I go back on this board to 2001, and I have seen several very helpful DL employees who were active on FT have their activities curtailed by the company. Currently, there are several DL employees on the board who continue to help, but they strive to remain anonymous.

DL has main it quite plain in the past that they wanted all communications from the company to come out of their corporate offices. Good luck, but be careful.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
DeltaWebDev, do you know when the issue on Vista with multi-city bookings (whereby IE closes automatically) will be corrected?
i can't locate that thread either. once it can be reproduced consistently (that's not to say you can't as i've no doubt you can to the point of frustration) so it can be debugged i'd have a better idea. right now i'm trying to think of what things could cause changes to browser behavior under vista.

orlandodlplat: when you click on the itineraries tab on the home page (i know, if the page hasn't loaded...) there is a link to take you to a summary list of all of them. not exactly what you are asking for but its the summary of your current itineraries. it is one extra click to review your desired itinerary, but cuts out the looping back to the home page if you are going to look at multiples.

the award issue with it shifting at wide displays should be fixed soon.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Now, if I select a PNR from the drop down list on the home page, once I'm on the next screen there's no way to see any other booking in my file, unless I refresh the homepage and start again. Is there a reason for this? I really miss the old functionality in this regard.
You can save a keystroke and time if you simply go to the top of that PNR page, hover over the Traveling & Check-In tab for half a second, then click on the first entry in the drop down (Itineraries & Check-In). Much faster than going back to the slower loading home page.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
so, i'm sure it would be preferred that i use the delta blog to get this information out, but honestly i'd rather provide the info now to a rather vocal group of frequent flyers. plus i struggle to write in the delta voice. i am a developer after all you know?

so yesterday as the news reported we launched some changes to the boarding passes printed when using online check-in. Instead of two copies on the same sheet of paper, there is now only one (the agents never take the second one hence removing it) along with weather info (my favorite part), events, etc. A nice plus that you won't hear about is that we resolved all printing issues we know of with boarding passes so they should print correctly in all supported browsers (that means safari users too).

last night we updated the revenue (booking) path for purchasing tickets. there were no new features added, just performance enhancements for the response time. we won't know until early next week how much of an improvement we managed, but it does respond much much faster now so give it a try.

*crosses fingers he's not opening a can of worms
Did you say anything about DL selling advertising on BPs?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
-in terms of wasting ink on ads, just check the box for "don't print destination highlights."
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Foreign carriers have been doing it for years.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: DM/3MM
i can't locate that thread either. once it can be reproduced consistently (that's not to say you can't as i've no doubt you can to the point of frustration) so it can be debugged i'd have a better idea. right now i'm trying to think of what things could cause changes to browser behavior under vista.
Trying to remember exact details as to how it occurs. I click on multi-city from the home page, and then I'll put in my desired itin (in this case, three from/to combinations. When I click on go (or whatever the button says), a few seconds later I get a pop-up that states that there's a problem with IE, and that it need to either close down or analyze. Either button closes the window. If you need me to provide further detail, I'll take better notes when I get home tonight. Let me know what info I need to gather.

My computer is new (as in newly offered), and I bought it in April. It is running Vista and whatever the most current IE is. I do not have this problem at work, which is running the older version (not Vista) of Windows.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

thank you very much! that's the exact detail i need. i'll try it this evening to see if i can reproduce it. i was just starting on the full search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.