Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

EMail: "Announcing 2008 Medallion Threshold Rewards"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EMail: "Announcing 2008 Medallion Threshold Rewards"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: DM/3MM
IMHO, this is not much of an incentive. If those amounts were for carryover MQMs, rather than bonus miles, that would be different. I've got too many miles now that I have trouble using due to reasonable availability.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta DM
I got it...almost to the 100k this month, I should hit 150 this year.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by keeton
The regular SM award for a CR membership for a Platinum is 40K so 25K is a great deal
What a horrible value. That is $.0075 per mile ($300/40,000mi). I would never even consider that.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think everyone is getting it from what I understand.

And to answer the other post, it is also my understanding that hitting 175k MQM will yield 85k miles.

Im at 130kMQM for the year and have a J-class ticket coming up that will put me over 150kMQM. Im looking forward to this bonus as a way to balance out any upcoming fees DL plans to add to my upcoming award travel using these miles!!! Either way, thank you DL!
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
duplicate post
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Agreed. I would hope that these threshold awards will be in ADDITION to and not a REPLACEMENT of the White Envelope.
Not sure if this matters but I know someone who has already been given their criteria to keep Executive Partner for next year, so that would lead me to believe that they are not taking it away.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by troyb
Not sure if this matters but I know someone who has already been given their criteria to keep Executive Partner for next year, so that would lead me to believe that they are not taking it away.
Can you share the criteria?? or is that private info
Old Jun 27, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by fredcharles
More power to them. I am doing that for the first time.
Understood; just trying to give you some perspective about why folks might not appreciate your SPAMing multiple threads and sending out PMs with the exact same request.

Enjoy your flights.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by crux
free CRC is great perk. (not that i have a chance of hitting 150k)
It's not free. It's a reduction in price from 40K miles (what a Platinum normally pays for CRC membership) to 25K miles. Note that your choice is either 25K bonus miles or the CRC membership, hence you're "paying" 25K miles for the CRC membership.

TANSTAAFCRCM
Old Jun 27, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by keeton
The regular SM award for a CR membership for a Platinum is 40K so 25K is a great deal
Originally Posted by El Boocho
What a horrible value. That is $.0075 per mile ($300/40,000mi). I would never even consider that.
A truly horrible value is paying out of your pocket for something that cost you nothing. An even more horrible value is letting the SkyMiles sit in your account.

Not only have I bought my CR membership with miles for this year, I will continute to do so. The CR is a valuable benefit for me and I will visit a CR at least 50 times a year.

Back to the original topic: I am a bit surprised that they simply did not offer the CR membership as a benefit rather than an "...or 25,000 miles" like they used to do in the old days with Platinum status.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: DL PM CRC, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
^

This is a good sign that NW Elite Extra Perks likely will survive the merger in some form.

I would hope that the White Envelope also survives. That's an area in which NW is lacking other than the mostly mythical 1% club.
The White Envelope is not a given, nor are the bonuses for reaching/surpassing 125k, 150k.

Last year, I flew more than 150k MQM, never once received indication I was eligible for 125k/150k extras. I asked in this forum and to RealDLInsider if someone could explain the targeting and never once got a response. It could be $ or general revenue, etc., but I still do not have any indication what the priority items are.

This year, with the cost of fuel, and other associated travel cost increases, I will struggle to make PM again. Have to pay for my own CRC, etc. These bonuses are out of reach for me unless something unusual happens. Good luck with this plan to all you guys who are doing this level routinely! It will be interesting to see what happens as we get closer to the year-end.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Thumbs up For those who did not get the e-mail

Attention - all those who did not get the e-mail: according to GRS, the promotion is not targetted this year and open to all Skymiles members:

Code:
09702-SM PROMOTIONS           DELTA OFFERS 4         PAGE 10                    
01   *PUBLIC*-----------------------------------------------                    
02   PROMO NAME  -  SKYMILES 2008 MEDALLION THRESHOLD REWARD                    
03   VALIDITY    -  EARN MQMS BEFORE 31DEC08                                    
04   DESCRIPTION -  MBRS WHO EARN 100K-175K MQMS WILL ENJOY                     
05                  THEIR BNS MI..OR OTHER EXCLUSIVE GIFTS.                     
06               -  EARN 100K MQMS-EARN 15K BONUS MI                            
07               -  EARN 125K MQMS-20K BNS MI                                   
08               -  EARN 150K MQMS- RCV RWD ABOVE PLUS                          
09                  CHOICE OF 25K BNS MI OR 1 YR CRC MBRSHP                     
10               -  EARN 175K MQM - RCV CHOICE OF RWDS ABOVE                    
11                          - MORE -                        ;                   
12                  PLUS 25K BNS MI OR OTHER EXCLUSIVE GIFTS                    
13                  IE MODEL REPLICA DELTA 767-300 AIRCRAFT                     
14   ELIGIBILITY -  SKYMILES MEMBERS                                            
15   HOW TO EARN -  GO TO DELTA.COM/PROFILE..LOG IN $ UPDATE                    
16                  PROFILE W/CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRS IN                           
17                  **ABOUT ME** TAB                                            
18               -  SELECT TO RECEIVE **TRAVEL AND SKYMILES                     
19                  INFO** ON **CONTACT ME** TAB.                               
20               -  EARN REQ MQMS(QUALIFICATION IS BASED                        
21                  ON TL SHOWING IN YTD MQM BALANCE)                           
22                          - MORE -                                            
23                                                         .;                   
24   TRACKING    -  THRESHOLDAWD08                                              
25                  BNS MI POSTED 2-3 WEEKS AFTER EARNING                       
26                  REQUIRED MQM                                                
27   ACCNT RMKS  -  TBA                                                         
28   ADVERTISED  -  E-MAIL AND MAILER                                           
29                                                         .                    
30                                                         .                    
31                                                         .                    
32                                                         .                    
33                                                         .                    
34   -------------------------------------------------------                    
35                                ENTERED/26JUN08/ATLHGDL/CE
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:58 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
The man in the know... Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Attention - all those who did not get the e-mail: according to GRS, the promotion is not targetted this year and open to all Skymiles members:
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I think everyone is getting it from what I understand.

And to answer the other post, it is also my understanding that hitting 175k MQM will yield 85k miles.

Im at 130kMQM for the year and have a J-class ticket coming up that will put me over 150kMQM. Im looking forward to this bonus as a way to balance out any upcoming fees DL plans to add to my upcoming award travel using these miles!!! Either way, thank you DL!
If you wait to redeem those miles by the time DL gets around to the three-tiered award program structure, you might see those 85k bonus miles not do as much as it seems like they would today.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by troyb
It's not going away as far as I've heard. If anything I think they are likely to "enrich" aspects for EPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.