FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   EMail: "Announcing 2008 Medallion Threshold Rewards" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/838909-email-announcing-2008-medallion-threshold-rewards.html)

Geogirl1234 Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm

New Award Thresholds

Just received this email from Delta:

As a SkyMiles® Medallion® member you enjoy elite rewards and advantages in recognition of your time spent flying with us. We're about to bring you to an even better place.

As you continue to fly with us and earn Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), you'll enjoy 2008 Medallion Threshold Rewards.

Earn 100,000 MQMs—enjoy 15,000 bonus miles.
Earn 125,000 MQMs—enjoy your reward above plus 20,000 bonus miles.
Earn 150,000 MQMs—enjoy your rewards above plus 25,000 bonus miles, or one year Crown Room Club® membership.
Earn 175,000 MQMs—enjoy your choice of rewards above plus 25,000 bonus miles, or other exclusive gifts.

We'll notify you via email when you reach each threshold so you can claim your reward. We'll begin notifying members in July. We look forward to contacting you soon.

DLdweeb Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

Boy the title of this thread got me nervous.....it appears to just be a bonus instead of a changing of the award thresholds, correct?

DiverDave Jun 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Wonder if this will be targeted. So far, nada for me.

David

bvanderhorst Jun 26, 2008 2:53 pm

I don't think it is targeted because in the fine print of the email it says: Eligibility: To participate in this offer, targeted members must have a valid email address in the personal profile area of their SkyMiles account on delta.com and have also opted-in to receive Travel & SkyMiles Info.

As long as you let them email you, it seems like you are eligible. I find this these "new award thresholds" to be more or less a joke. If you fly under 150k MQMs they throw some additional (not even that many) miles at you. Big deal.

crux Jun 26, 2008 3:09 pm

free CRC is great perk. (not that i have a chance of hitting 150k)

DLFan2 Jun 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bvanderhorst (Post 9943672)
I don't think it is targeted because in the fine print of the email it says: Eligibility: To participate in this offer, targeted members must have a valid email address in the personal profile area of their SkyMiles account on delta.com and have also opted-in to receive Travel & SkyMiles Info.

As long as you let them email you, it seems like you are eligible. I find this these "new award thresholds" to be more or less a joke. If you fly under 150k MQMs they throw some additional (not even that many) miles at you. Big deal.

I just checked my email and found that I had received it as well.

The title of this thread is very misleading. It should be something like "Delta Announces New Mileage Bonus Program" or something like that. As it currently stands, it seems almost deliberately designed to heighten anxiety over erosion of SM benefits.

WBurcham Jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm

EMail: "Announcing 2008 Medallion Threshold Rewards"

WOW!!!

Finally some giveback!

Now I have an excuse for a late year MR if all works out how I think it will. The free CRC membership is absolutely fantastic and will keep ME on DL versus AA or CO for the rest of my travel.

jfe Jun 26, 2008 3:27 pm

At 175,000 MQM's, that would mean that you were on firm land for about 3 hours the whole year

Global_Hi_Flyer Jun 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Personally, I think it's a bit weak compared to the AADER threshold bonuses, but I won't complain too loudly. I get CRC access through AmEx regular Platinum.

andymo99 Jun 26, 2008 3:34 pm

Better than last year. In 2007, I collected 25k when I hit 125k miles and another 25k when I hit 150k. I didn't get anything for the next 75k increment which brought me over 225k.

It is 85k bonus miles for going 100k over the minimum. Not sure it is enough to make me not go for another alliance, but we will see.

WBurcham, taking CRC membership in lieu of 25k miles? As a PM, you can buy membership for $300. Don't you value 25k miles > $300?

GaryO3 Jun 26, 2008 3:34 pm

For all the hype that Jeff spun last week in his post, I don't find these to be very significant reasons to reach the additional levels. Certainly for some the CRC package will be very beneficial, but this doesn't appear to be near the level of what I have only read about the "white envelope" being.

Pretty disappointing to me.

AndyTLe Jun 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by GaryO3 (Post 9943939)
Certainly for some the CRC package will be very beneficial, but this doesn't appear to be near the level of what I have only read about the "white envelope" being.

Pretty disappointing to me.

Agreed. I would hope that these threshold awards will be in ADDITION to and not a REPLACEMENT of the White Envelope.

gte157q Jun 26, 2008 3:40 pm

1- will all my free promotional MQM's count towards this threshold?
2- is this targeted? i didn't get this email

MikeMpls Jun 26, 2008 3:45 pm

^

This is a good sign that NW Elite Extra Perks likely will survive the merger in some form.

I would hope that the White Envelope also survives. That's an area in which NW is lacking other than the mostly mythical 1% club.

El Boocho Jun 26, 2008 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by crux (Post 9943782)
free CRC is great perk. (not that i have a chance of hitting 150k)

Really? Are 25k miles only worth $300 to you? It is nice that they offer something, but it won't keep me on DL much more than I planned. They'll probably get an extra 5-10K MQMs from me, but not an additional 30-40K MQMs.