Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any unpublished benefits/restrictions for foreign SkyMiles members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any unpublished benefits/restrictions for foreign SkyMiles members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alice11
Some 55.000 MQMs in 2008 and I've just received the GM envelope for 2009
A friend of mine uses our UK address for the DL membership and sadly they only appeared to have received a gold medallion membership last week.

Is there any possibility that this will be upgraded to Platinum in the near future?

I am of course assuming that the Europe includes the UK.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
A friend of mine uses our UK address for the DL membership and sadly they only appeared to have received a gold medallion membership last week.

Is there any possibility that this will be upgraded to Platinum in the near future?

I am of course assuming that the Europe includes the UK.
Based on info by DL, an upgrade promo Gold-to-Plat for FFs based in European countries was effective in 2008
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alice11
Based on info by DL, an upgrade promo Gold-to-Plat for FFs based in European countries was effective in 2008
Surprised they did not repeat in 2009 considering the massive devaluations which seem to be occuring in your programmes.

The post from beofotch is curious however as this poster did seem to get the Euro upgrade to Plat benefit this year.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Does DL have any fringe benefits for Asian addresses like NW does?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Surprised they did not repeat in 2009 considering the massive devaluations which seem to be occuring in your programmes.

The post from beofotch is curious however as this poster did seem to get the Euro upgrade to Plat benefit this year.
Yes, again I received Plat after flying 55k MQM in 2008. I changed my address in August 2008 when I moved from Atlanta to Switzerland. I did not make any request to Delta via our corporate travel group, as I have done in years past. The only thing that MIGHT make my case different was that I was EP in 2008 and did not requalify for it so it MIGHT be a "soft landing" to Platinum, but I doubt that.

PBarnette - have you or your wife received your Gold or Plat welcome packet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.