Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by me4yankees
The link I originally posted WAS on the MAIN/OFFICIAL DL site. If you read my post, I said it was. This was as of SATURDAY MORNING when I posted it. When I logged in, it was on the RIGHT side of the page, one of the three small "promos" mid-page, under the photo of the lady in the bikini with the coverage issues! I would NOT have posted it if it were not on the main page.
It's a moot point now. It is on Delta's main website this Sunday morning under the heading "Delta SkyMiles Partners - Earn up to 25,000 miles by using Delta SkyMiles Partners"
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
It's a moot point now. It is on Delta's main website this Sunday morning under the heading "Delta SkyMiles Partners - Earn up to 25,000 miles by using Delta SkyMiles Partners"
Gone again. I am looking at the home page and there is no text at all on the page about this promotion. It is 12:43 pm EST, Sunday.

This little guy just doesn't want to come out and see his shadow!!! I wonder if this means we will have 6 more weeks of trying to decipher the T&C?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:06 am

The link on the delta homepage comes and goes because the promos are placed at random. Refresh the homepage a few times and it will appear.

Or just click here -> https://www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/2008partnerbonus
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:11 am

Airport parking facilities

I can't find any info on the Delta site which details earning miles at airport parking facilities (Allright, for example). Or do we need to sign up with Allright? Does anyone have a link?

This could count as 1 partner for me.

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blagger
The link on the delta homepage comes and goes because the promos are placed at random. Refresh the homepage a few times and it will appear.

Or just click here -> https://www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/2008partnerbonus
Hmmm.... I am starting to question the "randomness" of the promos featured. I use Mozilla's FireFox almost exclusively. Still no partner promo. Reload.. reload... reload.. wait... reload... nothing. So I switch to Internet Exploder... no cookie history of me there. And VOILA! (French for "TA DA!") THERE IT IS. Hmmmm.... so I went to FireFox and purge all the cookies from delta.com. And magically it appears. Could it be that DL would prefer that I NOT know about this promo? After all, they do know from my prior ten years of activity that I use my DL # with many many partners. Is this akin to directing the Sumo wrestler to the salad bar in hopes that he doesn't notice the prime rib and shrimp? It is SOOO obvious from my prior behavior that I will earn 3K miles without even trying in the first 2 days of the promo.... 6 with only minor effort.... 12 if... well, you get the idea.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ferd57
Though it is listed in the list of partners, am I correct in assuming that e-miles will not work this time since they only post quarterly? The January e-miles posted on January 4th (before the start of the promotion) and the 1st quarter ends after March 15th the end date of the promotion.

That was an easy, free partner last time
I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, it does look like this promotion will fall within two different emiles quarterly posting periods.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I see that they say the following:

only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed,

Since it's not listed, does that mean that Shutterfly is not considered a SkyRewards partner?

I think the easiest 3 are:

1 idine
1 shutterfly order
1 itunes purchase through skymilesmall
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
T&C's as of 1/13/08 (this may come in handy for some if they change after the fact):

When it comes to earning rewards, it's all about knowing the right people. With over 100 participating non-airline partners, chances are wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you can be earning miles. And now, between January 15 and March 15, 2008, you can earn 3,000 bonus miles for doing business with just 3 unique Delta SkyMiles partners—and up to 25,000 bonus miles with 25 unique partners. Here's how it works:

Unique Partner Activity Bonus Miles Awarded
3 3,000
6 6,000
12 12,000
20 20,000
25 25,000

It's that simple—and that rewarding. Click here for a complete list of partners and experience how rewarding it can be when you know the right people.

Terms and Conditions:

Eligibility:
To participate in this offer, SkyMiles member must register online between January 10, 2008 and March 15, 2008.

Offer:
Earn up to 25,000 bonus miles. Earn bonus miles (in addition to normal bonus miles) in the following increments for each level of unique partner activities between January 15, 2008 and March 15, 2008, up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus miles. 3 unique partner activities = 3,000 bonus miles, 6 unique partner activities = 6,000 bonus miles, 12 unique partner activities = 12,000 bonus miles, 20 unique partner activities = 20,000 bonus miles, 25 unique partner activities = 25,000 bonus miles Only one activity per partner is allowed, only one Buy Miles activity is allowed, only one SkyRewards partner (e.g., SkyMall, LATHER, Organic Bouquet, Vinesse, Great American Days, Samsonite and Java City) activity is allowed, and only one SkyMiles Credit Card activity is allowed. These bonus miles are in addition to normal bonus miles offered by participating partners. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer.

Unique Partner Activity:
A unique partner activity is defined as one partner activity or Delta Buy Miles purchase between January 15, 2008 and March 15, 2008. Note that only one mileage-earning hotel partner stay/activity with a partner hotel family will count regardless of the number of different hotel stays within the family. For example, multiple stays at different Hilton brands (e.g., Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Hilton Hotels) will count as only one eligible activity; however, normal bonus miles may still be earned as a result of such multiple activities. One stay/activity at different hotel families (e.g., Hilton, Marriott, InterContinental, Meliá, etc.) will each count as an eligible activity for the threshold bonus promotion. A Delta Buy Miles purchase and a partner points to miles conversion transaction are considered eligible unique activities. Miles earned for purchases using your domestic or international SkyMiles Credit Card count as one eligible activity. Converting hotel partner points to miles and a stay/activity with the same hotel partner do not count as two activities. Flight activity on Delta or partner airlines is not eligible for this promotion. Delta Gift Miles and Transfer Miles activities are not eligible for this promotion.

Promotion Partner List:
Hotel Partners: Hilton (one stay among Conrad, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites or Scandic); Marriott (one stay among Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Resorts & Suites, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites or TownePlace Suites); InterContinental (one stay among Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts or Staybridge Suites); Starwood (one stay among Four Points, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, St. Regis, W Hotels or Westin Hotels & Resorts); Hyatt (one stay among AmeriSuites, Hawthorn, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt or Summerfield Suites); Choice Hotels (one stay among Clarion, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Econo Lodge, MainStay Suites, Quality, Rodeway Inn or Sleep Inn); Carlson/Radisson (one stay among Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts or Radisson Hotels & Resorts); one stay among Sofitel, Novotel or Mecure; one stay among Meliá Hotels, ME by Meliá, Paradisus Resorts, Sol Hotels & Resorts or Tryp Hotels; one stay among AmeriHost Inn, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Knights Inn, Ramada Worldwide, Super 8 Motel, Travelodge or Wingate Inn; The Leading Hotels of the World; Concorde Hotels; Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts; Langham Hotels International; Millennium Hotels & Resorts; Omni Hotels; Red Roof Inn; Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts; SkyMiles Dining & Hotels by Rewards Network (one qualified stay among Rewards Network participating hotels); Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces; WORLDHOTELS; Chateaux & Hotels de France; Grecotel, and Wyndham Hotels.

Rental Car Partners:
Avis; Budget; Alamo; Hertz; Europcar; Sixt; National; Dollar; Thrifty.

Dining, Retail & Other Partners:
SkyMilesshopping.com (one purchase); SkyMiles Dining by Rewards Network (one restaurant purchase); e-Rewards (one e-Rewards currency redemption for miles); e-Miles; FTD.com; 1800Flowers; Teleflora: Netflix; Points.com (point/mile swap for SkyMiles); SCANA Energy; SkyMilesclothingcare; one activity among the following (AJC, Allright Parking Corp, Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, Atlas Van Lines, Inc., Best Western, Big Y Foods Inc., Boca Parking Systems, Bose Corporation, BostonCoach, CAPITAL G Bank Limited, Carlson Companies, Inc., Castle on the Hudson, Daytona Beach International Airport, DealerMiles, LLC, Delta Vacations, Dental Advantage, DHL Express, DIAMOND AIRPORT PARKING, Drury Inns Inc., East West Resorts of Big Sky, e-counters.com, Edgewater Hotel, Fieldheads Coffee Company, FLS Transportation Services, Inc., GE Consumer Finance, Gourmet Center/Biscoff.com, Great American Days, Greater Binghamton Airport, Greene Classic Limousines, Hartmann Luggage, Hotel Captain Hook, Hotels.com, IncentOne, Java City, KievApartment.com, La Quinta Inns Inc., LATHER, Luxe Hotels, Lynx Ski & Golf Vacations, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Organic Bouquet Inc., PARC FIFTY FIVE HOTEL, PC/Nametag, Preflight Airport Parking, Ridley's Family Markets, S&H Greenpoints, Samsonite, Scenic Airlines, SHILO INN, Shop 4 Miles, SIRVA-Air Miles for Moving, SkyMall Inc., Southern Jewelry Travelers Association, Sunterra Resorts, The Cincinnatian Hotel, Tokyu Hotels Co., LTD, Triple J Parking, USA Today, Vinessee LLC, VISION NUMERICA USA, INC., West Coast Hospitality Corporation).

Internet & Telephone Partners:
EarthLink; Network Solutions; T-Mobile Hotspot; SkyMiles Wireless.

Credit Card Partners:
Miles earned for purchases using your domestic or international SkyMiles Credit Card count as one eligible activity. Eligible cards include one SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express; or one international co-brand SkyMiles Credit Card (HSBC Bank Brasil S.A; SkyMiles Corp Banca; SkyMiles Banistmo Credit Card or Debit Card; SkyMiles MBNA Visa; SkyMiles Resona Visa; SkyMiles HSBC Mexico Visa; SkyMiles ScotiaBank Visa; SkyMiles Banco Cuscatlan).

Real Estate & Financial Partners:
Ameriprise Financial Services; Awards for Mortgage and Real Estate; Chase Home Equity; Chase Education Finance; GMAC Real Estate; HomeLoanCenter.com; LendingTree; RealEstate.com; ShareBuilder; TD AMERITRADE.

Vacation & Cruise Partners:
SkyMiles Cruises; Marriott Vacation Club; Scenic Airlines.

Other Eligible Activities:
Delta Buy Miles purchase; points to miles transfers (Membership Rewards; Diner's Club; Puntos de Oro; and Club de Beneficios).

Threshold Bonus Miles:
Bonus miles under this offer will only be awarded in the stated increments for the activity levels described. For example, 8 unique partner activities would result in only 6,000 bonus miles. Please allow 10 to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.

Miscellaneous:
Offers void where prohibited by law. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion or Million Miler™ status. Other restrictions may apply. Offers are subject to change without notice. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970639.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Okay, now for the extensive sharing of easiest and/or cheapest ways to get partner activities.

I'm probably going for:
1 Auto Insurance quote through Ameriprise
1 music purchase through skymilesshopping
1 idine

I don't know if I'll go for another three.

And does anyone else find the reward intervals really funky? 3, then 6, then 12, then 20, then 25?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
I found a topper for a soap bottle for a $1 on Lather.....
still have to pay shipping but not bad if you need to get to a threshold

http://www.lather.com/scripts/prodVi...idCategory=232
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Melucher3
I found a topper for a soap bottle for a $1 on Lather.....
still have to pay shipping but not bad if you need to get to a threshold

http://www.lather.com/scripts/prodVi...idCategory=232
Wonder how many they will sell of those in two months!?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

By just using the T&C and NOT cross-referencing it with the partners featured on delta.com; I have counted 68 possible unique partner activities. Granted I had to make assumptions using their inconsistent parentheses and semi-colons.
  1. Hilton hotel group ^
  2. Marriott hotel group ^
  3. InterContinental (PriorityClub) hotel group ^
  4. Starwood hotel group ^
  5. Hyatt hotel group
  6. Choice hotel group ^
  7. Carlson/Raddison hotel group
  8. Sofitel/Novotel/Mercure hotel group
  9. Meliá/ME by Meliá/Paradisus/Sol/Tryp hotel group
  10. AmeriHost/Howard Johnson/Knights Inn/Ramada Worldwide/Super 8 Motel/Travelodge/Wingate Inn hotel group
  11. The Leading Hotels of the World
  12. Concorde Hotels
  13. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
  14. Langham Hotels International
  15. Millennium Hotels & Resorts
  16. Omni Hotels
  17. Red Roof Inn
  18. Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
  19. SkyMiles Dining & Hotels by Rewards Network (one qualified stay among Rewards Network participating hotels)
  20. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces
  21. WORLDHOTELS
  22. Chateaux & Hotels de France
  23. Grecotel
  24. Wyndham Hotels ^
  25. Avis rental car ^
  26. Budget rental car ^
  27. Alamo rental car ^
  28. Hertz rental car ^
  29. Europcar rental car
  30. Sixt rental car
  31. National rental car ^
  32. Dollar rental car ^
  33. Thrifty rental car ^
  34. SkyMilesshopping.com ^
  35. SkyMiles Dining by Rewards Network (one restaurant purchase) ^
  36. e-Rewards
  37. e-Miles
  38. FTD.com
  39. 1800Flowers
  40. Teleflora
  41. Netflix
  42. Points.com (point/mile swap for SkyMiles)
  43. SCANA Energy
  44. SkyMilesclothingcare ^
  45. EarthLink
  46. Network Solutions ^
  47. T-Mobile Hotspot ^
  48. SkyMiles Wireless
  49. Delta-branded credit card purchase ^
  50. Ameriprise Financial Services
  51. Awards for Mortgage and Real Estate
  52. Chase Home Equity
  53. Chase Education Finance
  54. GMAC Real Estate
  55. HomeLoanCenter.com
  56. LendingTree
  57. RealEstate.com
  58. ShareBuilder
  59. TD AMERITRADE
  60. SkyMiles Cruises
  61. Marriott Vacation Club
  62. Scenic Airlines
  63. Delta Buy Miles purchase ^
  64. Amex Membership Rewards transfer
  65. Diner's Club transfer
  66. Puntos de Oro transfer
  67. Club de Beneficios
  68. One activity in the mish-mash group I mentioned in post #40 ^

The following section might be interpreted by others (and Delta) differently:
"Other Eligible Activities:
Delta Buy Miles purchase; points to miles transfers (Membership Rewards; Diner's Club; Puntos de Oro; and Club de Beneficios)."
I interpreted the list in parentheses as each being a unique partner activity even though they are indeed within parentheses.

I think I will be able to reach 21 ( ^) with little or no effort.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
Originally Posted by chicaloca453

I think the easiest 3 are:
1 itunes purchase through skymilesmall
Would an iTunes purchase be considered a gift certificate, and therefore not eligible? Might need to be an actual product, perhaps. You can't actually buy the songs unless you are using iTunes, and that won't fly through the skymilesmall...
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Evan!
I am new to the DL forum being a US refugee, but you have too much time on your hands! However, we appreciate your Delta OCD!

By the way, to clear up any confusion, when I saw Saturday morning that the promo had returned to the delta.com main front page, I posted it so everyone could register. The link I posted was the exact link from that page. It was and is still slow, but it was the correct, legitimate link from their page.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Everyone might refresh their memories from last years promotion and the mass confusion.

I remember that there was a really long waiting period for the insurance quote to post, and it was after the promo ended, so be prepared to write a few emails to get that one posted and credited.

I am thrilled that this is back for 2008. Too bad Coke ran out of Delta awards, so even if it was an option we would not get it. Remember that you can go the 1-800 Flowers route with the $25 Coke award, and if you only order the Celebrations book, it is the cheapest thing on the site.

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.