Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: A.A Korean, JAL, Delta,
If you join Fastbreak at Budget. You get a 1k bonus. Will this count as an activity.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by PrineSwine
Would an iTunes purchase be considered a gift certificate, and therefore not eligible? Might need to be an actual product, perhaps. You can't actually buy the songs unless you are using iTunes, and that won't fly through the skymilesmall...
It works just fine. Just did several of them at the Mileage Plus Mall to earn bonus miles for a promotion that United is doing. Put some $$$ in your iTunes account, then go to the Skymilesmall, select iTunes as the merchant, login and buy some songs. Earns 3 miles for every $2 spent, too.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by rdp9246
If you join Fastbreak at Budget. You get a 1k bonus. Will this count as an activity.
There's a good chance of it. Last time around, it didn't seem to matter what the source of the miles were as long as they posted as being from the partner. YMMV.

I'm wondering where/how to get that bonus, though!
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
I'm curious though about how the posting dates apply because it isn't explicitly stated.

I thought I remember reading in the previous thread for this same promotion that points posted past the end of the promotion date (even though the transaction initiated within the promotion dates) DIDN'T count as activity.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
... I'm wondering where/how to get that bonus, though!
See this thread....

...or this link.

Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:50 am

for what it's worth, the current terms and conditions appear identical to those from the last promotion, once they stabilized (they changed mid-course). so i expect that whatever worked (or did not work) last time will be true this time around too.

the highlighting at the end of Evan!'s last post raises an interesting ambiguity: are all points-to-miles transfers unique, or are they all lumped together? i was considering transferring some hilton and hertz points, and i'd like to know if anyone did multiple transfers last time and whether they counted separately.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
I did point transfers last time from SPG, PC, and Hertz and each counted as separate activity. So it should be the same this time.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:13 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by crabbing
for what it's worth, the current terms and conditions appear identical to those from the last promotion, once they stabilized (they changed mid-course).
"Dining, Retail & Other Partners" lists over 70 partners in this promo. In the previous promo "once they were stabilized", the list consisted of less than 20 partners. "Identical" is not the adjective I would use to describe the T&C's of these two promotions.

Last edited by ExitRowAisle; Jan 14, 2008 at 7:19 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
you need to relax buddy
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*Gold, MR Silver, Avis Preferred, AMEX Plat/SPG/DeltaPlat
so I have a stupid question - so with each of these activities, the partners need to have my skymiles # entered at the time of transaction correct?

how exactly will my skymiles acct know that i have 6 or 8 activities?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by gauravp123
so I have a stupid question - so with each of these activities, the partners need to have my skymiles # entered at the time of transaction correct?

how exactly will my skymiles acct know that i have 6 or 8 activities?
Yes, you should enter your SkyMiles number as part of your profile/account with each partner and/or follow the links from Delta's page each time you do business with a partner.

You will be earning miles with each partner transaction you do, with your SkyMiles number as a part of the transaction, so that it how they will know how many transactions you have.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: big pimpin'
Wonder if a transfer from GoldPoints will count as an activity. After all, we have to burn the points before March 31st in any case...
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:07 am

Confirmation of Registration?

Unlike *wood or AA, I don't think Delta is in the habit of confirming registrations to its promotions, but just out of curiosity:

Has anyone gotten an e-mail from Delta indicating that they have successfully registered for this promotion?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Wonder if a transfer from GoldPoints will count as an activity. After all, we have to burn the points before March 31st in any case...
In the last promotion, I believe GoldPoints transfers fell into a group of postings that were listed as "SkyMiles Incentives" (or something similar). If that is the case, they will probably fall into that 60+ listing of Other partners.

On the other hand, GoldPoints Plus transfers in the past showed up as a Radisson Hotel activity.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Yes, you should enter your SkyMiles number as part of your profile/account with each partner and/or follow the links from Delta's page each time you do business with a partner.

You will be earning miles with each partner transaction you do, with your SkyMiles number as a part of the transaction, so that it how they will know how many transactions you have.
How about things like hotel reservations made before registering, but the stay happens after registering. Will those count? (I already have Skymiles as my earnings preference with partners).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.