Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgradeable fares to HI?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I'm sure it would avoid a lot of confusion if it were more clearly stated than the "select fares" nonsense.
Has there ever been a stated reason why DL is so cryptic with their "select fares" thing?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
I am aware of that.

But what this all comes down to is supply and demand. EVERYONE wants to upgrade those Hawaii flights from every fare. There simply is not enough seats to match that kind of demand.
My point is that your response that K+ fares are upgradeable with PMUs was irrelevant. Sorry I wasn't trying to take out my frustration on you, but frankly I'm tired of all the answers that have no relevance to the OPs' questions.

A little off topic here and there doesn't hurt anyone, but this board is half full of repetitive babble that has nothing to do with the questions posed or comments made.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
What fare bucket do the upgradeable "select" fares fall into? Is it still G? Trying to buy 4 K fare tickets and use 3 PMU's and 1 mileage upgrade.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UnofficialDLHelper
Maybe not on delta.com, but the info has been online since 8/05.

The Hawaii upgrade awards are:

-D410 award - 7,500 miles - Y fare class
-D510 award - 15,000 miles - B, M, H, Q or K fare class
Is this each way or R/T?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Is this each way or R/T?
Each way.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:31 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by indufan
K+ fares can be upgraded with PMUs.
Problem is the two times I went to HNL last year they were only selling L and Y :-(
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by thesaints
Problem is the two times I went to HNL last year they were only selling L and Y :-(
I just burned all of my PMU's on 3 R/T K tickets ATL - HNL both legs direct for October. They are definitely out there, and several flights had G7 availability. LUT fares were at about $800, K fares were $950, A fares $1850. Good deal in my mind, as my Europe travel for the year has already been booked using miles. ^
Funny thing was the agent hadn't ever heard them referred to as "PMU's" and told me I taught her something new!
Old May 27, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Thanks!

Thanks to all of these posts (and others) I was able to get my SLC-HNL flight upgraded each way next month on a K fare. The K was only about $50 more than the lowest price fare (an L), so it was more than worth it to use the miles (especially when the lowest fare in first was closer to $3000). There were plenty of FC Skysavers next month (that's another thread - yes they are available), but I needed the MQM's.

The agent was great - let me know which flights had availability, then we did a role reversal and I booked it online (to save $10) while she waited on hold. Once it was booked, she handled the upgrades. I did have to make a trip to the airport to finalize it, but its a Sun eve on a holiday wknd and no one was in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.